Hello and thanks for visiting!
Today I create with orange in recognition of National Day for Truth and Reconciliation here in Canada. The sentiment on the card is 'Thinking of You' from the Beauty of Friendship stamp set. Because I am thinking of my indigenous friends and working to understand my role and responsibly as I raise awareness of the very tragic legacy of residential schools, and to honour the thousands of Survivors.
This watercoloured card is added to a Very Vanilla Note Card base. And features the gorgeous Meadow Moments Embossing Folder that fits in the Mini Stampin' Cut & Emboss Machine, (SCEM). The Global Design Team #311 Theme Challenge for this week is leaves, and this embossing folded has falling leaves which I've added a watercolour wash to. There's two in the pack, one is an overall embossed pattern with flowers, butterfly's and leaves, but the one I've chosen is the falling leaves, perfect of course for this time of year.
And here's the card details:
Very Vanilla Note Card
3 7/16 x 4 15/16 Pumpkin Pie cardstock (CS) ***Trix, This size leaves just a smidge of Very Vanilla peeking out. To cut, place the Pumpkin Pie CS at the 3 1/2 & 5 inch mark on the Stampin' Trimmer and then move it by a fraction of an inch less.
3 1/4 x 4 3/4 Fluid 100 Watercolor Paper
5/8 x 2 1/4 Scrap piece of Very Vanilla CS for the sentiment
Meadow Moments Embossing Folder
Beauty of Friendship stamp set
Ink: Calypso Coral, Bumblebee, Cajun Craze, Pear Pizzazz for the leaves *Pumpkin Pie for the sentiment
Pale Papaya Open Weave Ribbon coloured with Light Pumpkin Pie Stampin' Blends Marker
Wink of Stella
*****Click here, to shop Lesley's Online Store for the supplies to make this card*****
Assembly & Trix:
* Adhere the Pumpkin Pie CS layer to the Very Vanilla Note Card base.
* Emboss the Watercolour paper using the embossing folder and the Mini SCEM.
* Apply a layer of water to the watercolour paper using the largest waterpainter.
* Dab on the fall ink colours randomly to create a fallen leaf look. ***Trix, With the ink pad closed, squeeze the case to transfer a bit of ink to the lid of the case, then add a tiny bit of water from the smallest water painter to create a pool of diluted colour. Apply the colour with a dabbing motion to the watercolour paper and watch how it moves and resists the fibres of the paper, add more where needed.
* When the watercoloured layer is dry add Wink of Stella. ***Trix, use the cap of the Wink of Stella brush and tap the brush to flick sparkles onto the card.
* Stamp the sentiment in Pumpkin Pie ink and adhere to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals.
* Colour the Pale Papaya Ribbon with the Light Pumpkin Pie Marker. ***Trix, Cut the ribbon lengthwise through the middle of the weave to create two long strips of ribbon to add dimension.
* Tie the ribbon around the watercoloured layer and knot. Adhere to the Pumpkin Pie layer with dimensionals.
Enjoy and have a super day!