Hello and thanks for visiting!
Today's card is a birthday card I made for a special person a few months ago. It features the fantastic Hand Penned Designer Series Paper. There is no way I'd think to combine these colours together, but leave it to the Stampin' Up!® artists to create a paper that I absolutely love!
As I said I made this card a bit ago and of course forgot to write the measurements down, so I'm going to wing it with the description for you. And as I always say, start with a general idea and make it your own.
***Trix, I always take my colours from the Designer Series Paper (DSP) this print features Garden Green, Cinnamon Cider, Mint Macaron and Pool Party - as I said the SU artists inspire me to create colour combinations I'd never think of.
I've noticed 'slimline' cards can be different measurements, but they're always long and narrow, so for this card I used 8 x 3 1/2.
And here's the card details:
8 x 3 1/2 Garden Green card base (8 x 7 folded in half portrait orientation)
7 7/8 x 3 3/8 Hand Penned DSP
Cinnamon Cider, Garden Green & Mint Macaron scraps for die cut flower stems
Garden Green ink
Linen Thread & Gold Fine Art Ribbon
Peaceful Moments stamp set
Stitched Rectangle Dies
Assembly & Trix:
* Adhere the DSP to the card base with Multipurpose Liquid Glue (glue)
* Die cut the floral images from the cardstock colours.
* Stamp the sentiment in Garden Green ink and cut out with a Stitched Rectangle Die.
* Adhere the Gold Fine Art Ribbon to the back of the stitched rectangle with Stampin' Seal.
* Adhere the ribbon and sentiment rectangle to the card base with Stampin' Dimensionals.
* Assemble the floral die cuts together with Linen Thread. ***Trix, tightly wrap the die cuts with the linen thread and tie a knot. Then tie a big bow using linen thread around the knot. Apply a Mini Glue Dot to the back of the bunch of floral stems. *Also apply tiny drops of glue to the wider parts of the die cuts, and adhere to the ribbon *and dsp layer
* That's it, enjoy the beauty for colour coordination!
If you love Stampin' Up!® colour coordination and you want it all, consider joining Stampin' Up!® by purchasing the Starter Kit. *No, you don't have to sell Stampin' Up!® products unless you choose to - its' completely up to you, you are simply purchasing the Starter Kit.
Choose $165 worth of products from the catalogue and pay $135 - Stampin' Up!® covers the cost of tax and shipping in most provinces! *****So for example - The Stamp Cut & Emboss Machine is $163, you can choose that, plus something extra to get to $165 *But* you pay $135 no taxes and no shipping!
*Hands down the Starter Kit is the best value for your money*
Please contact me at Lesley@stampintrix.ca. I'm always happy to talk about the company and paper crafting products I love - OR - Click the image to Join the Stampin' Up!® community.
|Click the image to visit the Stampin' Up!® Join page to purchase the Starter Kit|
*****Until September 30th 2021*****
Receive a free bundle of you choice from the image below *And a free paper Pumpkin Kit. Yes, all for $135. It's the Sale a-bration promotion!
Enjoy and have a super day!
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking the time to write a comment, you've made my day!