Hello and thanks for visiting!
Today's card is inspired by 2 challenges the Colour Challenge at Global Design Project & Joanne's Sketch Challenge over at the Paper Players. The #GDP349 colour combo is a fave - Tahitian Tide - with Parakeet Party & Daffodil Delight - Fun Fresh and happy colours! I loved the bold linear look of Joanne's sketch, so I decided to pretty it up with non linear flowing flowers :)
And before I forget, Thank you Global Design Project for the Special Mention last week. If you missed my sailboat card, please click here to check it out I always play the challenges for fun and inspiration, but the wins are a special little treat of recognition - thanks so much! I hope my cards and the links to the challenges inspire you to create :)
Assembly & Trix:
* There's not many *Trix to this card, I chose to use one stamp set and die set to keep it simple. The sentiments in the Sending Smiles Stamp Set, #158701 are lovely. The bundle is called Sending Smiles Bundle #158707 (stamp set & dies together to save 10%)
* Stamp the flowers randomly on the 3 1.4 x 4 1/2 Basic White cardstock layer and adhere to a Tahitian Tide layer a 16th of an inch bigger, then adhere to the Parakeet Party 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 card base.
* Stamp a 1 3/4 x 5 1/2 piece of vellum with little flowers from the set. ***Trix use 1st generation and 2nd generation stamping to vary he depth of Tahitian Tide ink on the vellum layer. Use the heat tool to dry the ink quickly.
* Die cut the 'Sending' in Daffodil Delight. Die cut the 'Sending' border die from vellum - Truth - initially I thought maybe the 'Sending' should be in Tahitian Tide, then I decided on Daffodil delight, so I stacked them together on the card for an extra bit of height and dimension.
***Trix adhere the 'Sending' die cut with tiny bits of glue to the velum layer, then adhere the velum layer to the card hiding the glue under the letters.
* Stamp the sentiment and die cut out. ***Trix, double die cut the sentiment strip repositioning the die to fit the words perfectly. Adhere with dimensionals.
*Embellish with pearls coloured with Daffodil Delight blends marker.
*** Click here to shop the supplies to create this card. Please remember to use the monthly Host code when your shopping cart is between $60 - $135 to receive an extra little gift from me. June's Host Code is HTFBTSKR
I purchased the Starter Kit to save money and enjoyed a discount on my purchases for 5 years until I decided to start my online business. Please email me, firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions. I'm always happy to talk about the company and products I love!
*** Click here to Join Stampin' Up!®
Please click on the image to visit the #GDP349 challenge blog
|Click the image to visit #GDP349|
Please click on the image to visit the #PP597 challenge blog
|Click the image to visit #PP597|
The Saving Ends tomorrow!
Click the image to shop the sale
|Click the image to Shop the Sale!|
Click the image to shop the BOGO event
|Click the image to Shop the BOGO Sale!|
Enjoy & have a super day!