Hello and thanks for visiting!
Today's card is inspired by 2 challenges the Colour Challenge at Global Design Project & Joanne's Sketch Challenge over at the Paper Players. The #GDP349 colour combo is a fave - Tahitian Tide - with Parakeet Party & Daffodil Delight - Fun Fresh and happy colours! I loved the bold linear look of Joanne's sketch, so I decided to pretty it up with non linear flowing flowers :)
And before I forget, Thank you Global Design Project for the Special Mention last week. If you missed my sailboat card, please click here to check it out I always play the challenges for fun and inspiration, but the wins are a special little treat of recognition - thanks so much! I hope my cards and the links to the challenges inspire you to create :)
Assembly & Trix:
* There's not many *Trix to this card, I chose to use one stamp set and die set to keep it simple. The sentiments in the Sending Smiles Stamp Set, #158701 are lovely. The bundle is called Sending Smiles Bundle #158707 (stamp set & dies together to save 10%)
* Stamp the flowers randomly on the 3 1.4 x 4 1/2 Basic White cardstock layer and adhere to a Tahitian Tide layer a 16th of an inch bigger, then adhere to the Parakeet Party 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 card base.
* Stamp a 1 3/4 x 5 1/2 piece of vellum with little flowers from the set. ***Trix use 1st generation and 2nd generation stamping to vary he depth of Tahitian Tide ink on the vellum layer. Use the heat tool to dry the ink quickly.
* Die cut the 'Sending' in Daffodil Delight. Die cut the 'Sending' border die from vellum - Truth - initially I thought maybe the 'Sending' should be in Tahitian Tide, then I decided on Daffodil delight, so I stacked them together on the card for an extra bit of height and dimension.
***Trix adhere the 'Sending' die cut with tiny bits of glue to the velum layer, then adhere the velum layer to the card hiding the glue under the letters.
* Stamp the sentiment and die cut out. ***Trix, double die cut the sentiment strip repositioning the die to fit the words perfectly. Adhere with dimensionals.
*Embellish with pearls coloured with Daffodil Delight blends marker.
*** Click here to shop the supplies to create this card. Please remember to use the monthly Host code when your shopping cart is between $60 - $135 to receive an extra little gift from me. June's Host Code is HTFBTSKR
I purchased the Starter Kit to save money and enjoyed a discount on my purchases for 5 years until I decided to start my online business. Please email me, firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions. I'm always happy to talk about the company and products I love!
*** Click here to Join Stampin' Up!®
Please click on the image to visit the #GDP349 challenge blog
|Click the image to visit #GDP349|
Please click on the image to visit the #PP597 challenge blog
|Click the image to visit #PP597|
The Saving Ends tomorrow!
Click the image to shop the sale
|Click the image to Shop the Sale!|
Click the image to shop the BOGO event
|Click the image to Shop the BOGO Sale!|
Enjoy & have a super day!
so pretty! I love the blooms. Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players!ReplyDelete
Thx so very much Laurie I appreciate the visit. Thanks for the great sketch challenge!Delete
Lesley, this is so pretty. I love the bold flowers and the blue and green together are gorgeous. So glad you shared this with us at the Paper Players this weekReplyDelete
Awe thx so very much Jayee! I love this colour combo too. Thank you for the visit and your lovely complient :)Delete
Just gorgeous Lesley! Love the cheerful colors, too. Thanks so much for joining us this week over at The Paper Players!ReplyDelete
Wow thx so much Anne Marie, the colour are really lovely aren't they - perfect together! Thanks for the great challenge, I loved the sketch!Delete