Hello and thanks for visiting!
Today's Thank you card for a Friend is for Kylie's International Blog Highlights Gallery and I've mixed it up a bit. I've put the thank you on the inside of the card. If you like my card I'd love for you to vote for me. Please visit Kylie's Gallery for the September Highlights. Vote by clicking on the little heart in the top right corner of my card within the gallery. If my card is one of the winners I will join Kylie's International Blog Hop at the end of the month. Enjoy the inspiration you're sure to find in this gallery of talented demonstrators. Thanks so much for playing along!
I wanted to keep this card very clean and simple, black and white, like a cartoon. When I first saw this image I thought of friends being silly together, riding double on the handle bars of bikes and racing down hills. I created the slit in the Basic White layer, and added in the Basic Black layer to create the look of pavement, then I knew I had to add the the gingham ribbon which said racing flag to me :) It's funny how images evoke thoughts and in turn card designs. I am thankful everyday for my friends that ride along the road of life with me. I hope my card has inspired you to create a thank you card for a friend - just because!
And here's the card details:
4 1/4 x 5 1/2 Misty Moonlight card base (4 1/4 x 11 folded in half portrait orientation)
4 x 5 1/8 Basic White cardstock (CS) layer
4 x 5 1/4 Basic Black CS layer
3/4 x 1 inch Basic Black for the banner
1/4 x 1 inch Basic White for the sentiment
4 x 5 1/4 Basic White CS for inside layer of card
2 x 2 1/2 Misty Moonlight CS for inside banner
2 1/2 x 1 1/2 Basic Black CS for inside banner
3 x 1 1/2 Basic White CS for sentiment to be fussy cut to size
Joyful Life stamp set
Shaded Summer stamp set
Black & White Gingham Ribbon
Assembly & Trix:
* Cut the Basic White layer using the Paper Trimmer to create and angle.
* Adhere the 2 pieces of Basic White to the Basic Black layer to create an slight opening suggesting a road or pavement. ***Trix, use Multipurpose Liquid Glue (glue) to slide the layer into place perfectly.
* Stamp the image onto the top piece of Basic White carefully lining up the wheels of the bike so it looks like the bike is riding on the road/pavement.
* Adhere to the card base with glue.
* Create a banner with Paper Snips from the 3/4 x 1 inch Basic Black piece of CS.
* Stamp the 'friends' sentiment with Memento Black ink on the 1/4 x 1 inch piece of Basic White CS. ***Trix, use a post it note to cover the second line of the sentiment 'like you make life a joy' while inking the stamp. Then remove the post it note and stamp the 'friends' sentiment only.
* Adhere to the black banner with glue.
* Adhere a piece of gingham ribbon to the back of the Basic Black banner with Stampin' Seal adhesive.
* Adhere the banner to the card base with Stampin' Dimensionals.
* To create the inside banner: stamp the second line of the sentiment using a post it note to cover the 'friends' word this time. * Stamp the 'thank you' from the Shaded Summer stamp set. * Fussy cut both sentiments and adhere to the Basic Black with glue, then adhere to the Misty Moonlight. * Adhere the gingham ribbon to the back of the banner. * Adhere the banner to the card with dimensionals.
Enjoy and have a super day!
Click here, Lesley's Online Store to shop the Mini Catalogue
*****Remember when your shopping is $60 or more please use the Host Code (found on the right sidebar), and then I can send you a little thank you gift in the mail the following month. The September Host Code is HRKS43TY
*****Until the end of September 2021 every $60 purchase earns you a free Sale a-bration product. Click the image below to view the products available.
|Click the image to see the SAB products available|