Hello and thanks for visiting!
Today's card is inspired by Freshly Made Sketches #490 - A sketch by Jen T. Please click on either my card or the FMS image to visit their blog post. I hope my card inspires you to give this sketch a try.
I really wanted to created a dark background for this card to enhance the jungle feel but the challenge is to "keep it clean" and utilize the white space of the card. So I decided to emboss the Basic White layer with the new Bark 3D Embossing Folder to add depth, dimension and flow with the hanging green vines, which are part of the sketch.
This stamp set wasn't my first choice in the new Annual Catalogue but I am so glad I've bought it now! Its fresh and a little different, I know it will push my creativity. The Designer Series Paper within the suite is gorgeous. I haven't even played with the embossing folder yet. Click here, Lesley's Online Store to purchase the In The Wild Suite.
And here's the card details:
4 1/4 x 5 1/2 Thick Basic White card base (4 1/4 x 11 folded in half)
4 1/8 x 5 3/8 Basic White cardstock (CS) layer
Wild Cats Bundle (stamp set and matching dies)
Bark 3D Embossing Folder
Ink Pads: Crushed Curry; Cinnamon Cider, Evening Evergreen; Soft Succulent
Memento Black ink pad
**Click here, Lesley's online store to purchase the Wild Cats Bundle. Please use the monthly Host Code (found on the top right side bar of this blog) and I will send you a little thank you gift in the mail the following month.
Assembly & Trix:
* Stamp the vine image on the right side of the card as per the sketch image using soft Succulent ink.
* Emboss the Basic White CS layer with the 3D Embossing Folder and blend Soft Succulent ink on the vine images and very lightly across the card to unify the colouring a bit.
* Adhere to the card base with Multipurpose Liquid Glue (glue)
* Stamp the tiger using Crushed Curry ink. ***Trix, I also dabbed on a bit of Cinnamon cider to enhance the coloring, hoping this appeared a bit more realistic.
* Stamp the stripes of the tiger using Memento Black ink. This set is so versatile, you can create a tiger or a leopard, both images are included, it terrific!
* Stamp the succulent plants using Evening Evergreen and die cut out.
* Adhere the tiger and plants using Stampin' Dimensionals.
* Stamp the Sentiment using Evening Evergreen ink and adhere using dimensionals.
*****Oh and don't forget, the products in the Mini Catalogue (January to June) are retiring so available On Sale and while supplies last. Click on the image to visit my online store.
|Click here to visit my online store|
Enjoy and have a super day!
This is such a great card! I just love that tiger! I am a little apprehensive of this set but you make it look easy to use! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!ReplyDelete
Thank you so very much for the compliment Jen. The set is fantastic - yes itDelete
S a little different but so fresh and fun. The papers are amazing and the tiger or leopard are easy to create. I would recommend it. 🙂
Thank so very much for the compliment Jen. The set is fantastic - yes it’s a little different but so fresh and fun. The papers are amazing and the tiger or leopard are easy to create. I would recommend it🙂ReplyDelete
Your tiger looks very regal! I love how just focused on him and kept the card simple! Glad you joined us at FMS!ReplyDelete
Thx so much for your kind words Linda and for providing need challenge that inspire!Delete
Fabulous design! Love the cool texture and the way the colors & images pop. Thanks for playing along with us at FMS this week.ReplyDelete
Thank you Jacquie! The texture was a happy surprise for me, I was hoping it would work with the design. Thank you for offering the inspiration.ReplyDelete