Hello and thanks for visiting!
I have another Father's Day card for you today, this one with a retired Stampin' Up!® Father's Day stamp set called "For Father" does any one remember it? I hold on to stamps that have a connection to people in my life. Even the oldies, with the wood mount stamps :) My dad had an apple orchard, so it was perfect!
As well I used the Happy Father's Day sentiment from the current Best Year stamp set and a fabulous woodgrain pattern paper from the 'In Good Taste' Designer Series Paper.
The inspiration for this Father's Day card came from Fab Friday Challenge #215 - a square card! Please click on my card or the Fab Friday image to go directly to their blog post for this challenge. And play along, square cards can be quick and easy to make! Enjoy!
And here's the card details:
4x4 Early Expresso card base (8x8 square folded in half)
3 7/8 x 3 7/8 In Good Taste Designer Series Paper (DSP) Woodgrain pattern
Basic White cardstock (CS) for image and a second strip for the sentiment
For Father stamp set (retired)
Best Year stamp set
Stitched Rectangle Dies
Granny Apple Green ink pad
Memento Black ink pad
Stampin' Blends Markers: Cherry Cobbler; Granny Apple Green; Bronze & Ivory; Cinnamon Cider; Crumb Cake; Seaside Spray; Gray Granite
Linen twine embellishment
Assembly & Trix:
* Adhere the woodgrain paper to the Early Expresso card base with Multipurpose Liquid Glue (glue)
* Stamp the image with Memento Black ink.
* Colour the image with Stampin' Blends Markers - so here's where I went a little crazy with colours :) I tried to remember back to what our apple boxes looked like, we used bushel baskets mostly but we did have a couple of wood boxes. My dad's hats were always blue or green, and faded so my ***Trix is to blend two different colours to get that dirty old hat look to a ball cap :) in this case Seaside Spray and Gray Granite.
* Stamp the sentiment with Granny Apple Green ink and fussy cut out. ***Trix, I wanted the sentiment to be close in size to the slats of the box, so I fussy cut them out. I hope it adds a visual balance to the card.
* Adhere 3 strips of Braided Linen Trim to the card front, by securing on the back with Stampin' Seal adhesive.
* Adhere the sentiment to the apple box image using tiny pieces of dimensionals.
* Adhere the image to the card front using Stampin' Dimensionals.
The sentiment included in the stamp set reads:
May Happiness touch your life today as you have so often touched the lives of others. And here's another image from this stamp set
And for a bit of fun :) Please answer in the comments below. Have a super day!
#1 Do you remember this stamp set and if so do you know the year it was available? - sadly I do not.
#2 There is another stamp in this set, do you know what the image is?