Hello and thanks for visiting!
Today's card was inspired by #TGIFC320 - A Sketch Challenge. Please click on either my card or the TGIF Challenge image to go directly to their blog post. I added the Happy Father's Day sentiment from the Best Year stamp set.
When I was a kid I asked my dad to call me by my nickname - Tiger - I have no idea why I decided I wanted Tiger as a nickname - but my dad agreed with a simple - "sure" - never asking why - just agreeing and going with the flow. I miss my dad, he passed five years ago and Father's Day is still hard, but also filled with happy memories like that one. So, when I began creating with this Suite of products called "In The Wild", I knew I had to make a father's day card.
And here's the card details:
4 1/4 x 5 1/2 Soft Succulent card base (4 1/4 x 11 folded in half for landscape orientation)
4 x 5 1/4 Evening Evergreen cardstock (CS) layer
Soft Succulent CS pieces for the plants
Basic White CS scrap for the sentiment piece
Wild Cats Bundle
Bark 3D Embossing Folder
In The Wild Designer Series Paper (DSP)
Soft Succulent and Evening Evergreen ink
**Click here, Lesley's online store to shop for the supplies needed to make this card. Remember to use the Host code (found on the top right sidebar of my blog) when orders are $60 or more and I will send you a little thank you gift in the mail with your thank you card in July.
Assembly and Trix:
* Emboss the Evening Evergreen CS layer with the Bark 3D folder. ***Trix, I chose to use the "debossed" side of the folder because I thought it gave the card some interesting depth and dimension
* Stamp the plants using Soft Succulent and Evening Evergreen on Soft Succulent CS and Die cut out.
* Die cut the tiger from the DSP.
* Stamp the sentiment using Evening Evergreen on Basic White CS and fussy cut out.
* Adhere the embossed layer to the card base using Multipurpose Liquid Glue (glue)
* Arrange the plants and tiger as desired. Adhere with glue and dimensionals. ***Trix, build the layers and add depth and dimension by gluing the first plant onto the card base and then adding the tiger with dimensionals. Double up on dimensionals as needed to add more depth with the remaining two plants .
* Adhere the sentiment across the middle with dimensionals and glue.
Enjoy and have a super day!
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking the time to write a comment, you've made my day!