Hello and thx for visiting today!
When I saw Jen M's Sketch Challenge from Freshly Made Sketches #488 earlier this week I knew I wanted to use Party Puffins and a scallop die, but I couldn't decide which colours to use. And then TGIF Challenges #319 introduced their Color challenge for the next week and it all came together! Thank you FMS & TGIF Challenges!
Please click on each Challenge image to visit the corresponding blogs and prepare to be inspired!
And here's the card details:
4 1/4 x 5 1/2 Basic Gray card base ( 4 1/4 x 11 folded in half portrait orientation)
4 1/8 x 5 3/8 Well Suited Designer Series Paper (DSP) **This DSP is retiring in June, therefore available while supplies last. Please click here, Lesley's Online Store to shop the paper :)
Smoky Slate for Scalloped Square
Scraps of Well Suited DSP for border strips
Basic White cardstock for Puffin, cake and sentiment
Party Puffins Stamp Set
Tasteful Textile 3D Embossing Folder
Memento Black Ink
Stampin' Blends Markers Night of Navy; Balmy Blue; Petal Pink; Calypso Coral
Black Glittered Organdy Ribbon
Metallic Mesh Ribbon
Wink of Stella Glitter Brush
Matte Black Dots
**To purchase supplies for this card click here, Lesley's Online Store to shop. Remember if your order is $60 or more and you use the Host Code for the month - found at the top right side bar of my blog - I will send you a thank you gift with your thank you card next month :)
Assembly and Trix:
* Adhere the DSP to the card base using Multipurpose Liquid Glue (glue)
* Emboss the Smoky Slate with the 3D Embossing folder and adhere to the card base with glue. ***Trix, I wanted a square shape so I used the scalloped rectangle die, cut it out, and then moved the die along to re cut the shape into a square.
* Adhere a coordinating piece of DSP to the scalloped square. I chose the Night of Navy floral piece with Pacific Point flowers for contrast.
* Cut a smaller scallop rectangle using the Scallop contour Dies from the DSP. ***Trix, I chose to repeat the first layer of DSP because I love how the stripe and dots detail coordinated together to create continuity with the strips of DSP layers.
* Adhere the Metallic Ribbon and Black Glitter Ribbon to the back of the DSP with Stampin' Seal adhesive.
* Adhere the strips layer to the card using Stampin' Dimensionals.
* Stamp the Puffin with Memento Black ink and colour with the blends markers.
* Stamp the cake with Memento Black ink and colour with blends markers, adding Wink of Stella to the candles.
* Stamp the greeting using Memento Black ink.
* Adhere the Puffin cake and sentiment on the DSP strip. ***Trix, I used glue for the sentiment and cake, and dimensionals for the Puffin.
* Embellish with Matte Black Dots.
*****Last Chance Products Sale*****
The fabulous Mini Catalogue is retiring. Many retiring products are available at discounted prices. Please click on the image to shop from this catalogue. And remember to use the Host Code - found on the top right side bar of my blog - to receive the extra thank you gift from me in the month of July.
|Click here to shop the Mini Catalogue while supplies last|
Enjoy and have a super day!
What a great birthday card! That shiny ribbon really adds a special touch. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!ReplyDelete
Thx so very much for the compliment Jen :)Delete
Thank you for providing such terrific inspiration!
Adorable card and such a great use of both the sketch and colours. Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.ReplyDelete
Thanks so much Karren. I love the sketches - thank you for the inspiration :)Delete