Hello and thanks for visiting!
Today's post is for Kylie's Monthly International Blog. If you like my card I'd love for you to vote for me. If I'm one of the winners I will join Kylie's International Blog Hop at the end of the month. *Please click on my card or the vote for me button below, to go directly to Kylie's International Highlights Gallery. Vote by clicking on the little heart in the top right corner of my card within the gallery. Enjoy the inspiration you're sure to find in this gallery of talented demonstrators. Thanks so much for participating!
And here's the card details:
8 x 3 1/2 Coastal Cabana Cardstock (CS) (8 x 7 folded in half)
1 3/4 x 3 3/4 Basic Black CS layer
1 x 2 Basic White CS for sentiment
Scrap piece of Basic White CS for flowers
Color & Contour Bundle
Tasteful Textile 3D Embossing Folder
Polished Pink & Memento Black Ink
Black Glittered Organdy Ribbon
Rhinestone Basic Jewels
*****To purchase the supplies needed to create this card please click here, Lesley's Online Store Remember if your order is $60 or more and you use the Host Code for the month - found at the top right side bar of my blog - I will send you a thank you gift with your thank you card next month :)
Assembly & Trix:
* Scallop the edge of the card base using the Scalloped Contour Dies. ***Trix, align the scallop border first before cutting to ensure the scallops are evenly distributed along the edge of the card for visual balance.
* Stamp the sentiment using Memento Black ink on Basic White.
* Stamp the flowers using Memento Black ink and colour with Polished Pink using sponge daubers.
* Emboss the Basic Black CS piece with the Textile Embossing Folder.
* Adhere the Basic White sentiment piece to the Basic Black with Multipurpose Liquid Glue (glue). Adhere the ribbon to the base of the Basic Black layer with glue and set aside to dry. ***Trix, before attaching the sentiment plan the flower placement around the sentiment.
* Adhere the Basic Black to the card base with Stampin' Dimensionals.
* Adhere the flowers to the Basic Black layer with glue. ***Trix, if more than half of the flower hangs off the Basic Black layer it should be adhered to the card base with a dimensional so that it doesn't droop.
Enjoy and have a super day!
Very pretty slimline, scalloped edge card. Thanks Lesley for being part of my International Highlights this month! All the best with the voting.ReplyDelete
Thx so much Kylie! Thank you for organizing this inspirational gallery 🙂ReplyDelete
Ooohhh!! What a pretty card, Lesley! I love the colours you've used! ~ Kim KroekerReplyDelete
Thx so much Kim, I've been inspired by the bights lately :)Delete
Lesley, I really like your pretty, pretty card. And what a perfect bundle. For some reason I am intimidated by this shape of card. Hopefully you have inspired me to have a go at it.ReplyDelete
Hi Susan, thanks for writing and for your kind words! Oh, don't be intimidated :) Pick a focal area and the rest just flows - enjoy!Delete
Love your card and the way you used the scalloped die!ReplyDelete
thx so much Robbie! its was a happy accident that I discovered ;)Delete
What a pretty card! I love how you used the scalloped die on a slimline card. Clever! :)ReplyDelete
Thx so much for writing Kim. It was a happy discovery :)Delete
Great use of the scalloped die on the slimline card! Very pretty.ReplyDelete
Thx so much Rhonda for writing - It was a happy discovery :)Delete
Beautiful Slimline well doneReplyDelete
Thx so much for your compliment Terri!Delete
Good luck with the voting and greetings from Germany!
Simone (derdiedasKleine bastelt)
Thx so much Simone! Thx for coming to visit me in Canada 😉. Good luck to you too!Delete
beautiful card with great use of the scalloped die!ReplyDelete
Liane (Jungle Cards)
Thx so much Liane!Delete
Ooh, what a pretty slim line card - really like the scalloped edgeReplyDelete
Thanks for the compliment and sending a note. Fun little discovery with this die. Thx again 🙂Delete