Hello and thanks for visiting!
Today's card features the all new Linen Specialty Paper. I was sad when the Subtle Textured Embossing Folder retired but this paper is a close second. It has an adhesive backing, and I think the best way to describe it, is to say it reminds me of a fabric bandage, like an Elastoplast band aid :) The layout for the card was inspired by Fab Friday. Please click on either my card or the Fab Friday image and go directly to their blog post and enjoy the inspiration from all the creative ideas.
And here's the card details:
4 1/4 x 5 1/2 Gray Granite card base ( 4 1/4 x 11 folded in half landscape orientation)
4 x 5 1/4 Soft Suede Cardstock (CS) layer
2 3/4 x 3 1/4 piece of Linen Specialty Paper ***** Click here Lesley's online store to purchase this paper. If you use the Host Code 7DT6ZCV2 in May, then I can send you a thank you gift with your card in June :)
2 3/4 x 3 1/4 piece of Gray Granite CS
Assembly and Trix:
* Stamp the Soft Suede layer with Queen Anne's Lace stamp set to create a background using Soft Suede ink.
* Emboss Soft Suede layer with the Tasteful Textile 3D Embossing Folder.
* Adhere to card base using Multipurpose Liquid glue (glue)
* Adhere the Linen Specialty Paper to the Gray Granite piece. ***Trix, I found it easier to use a slightly larger piece of both the Linen and Gray Granite paper and then trim to the desired size. The leftover piece can be used for the sentiment. The Linen paper has an adhesive back that is very forgiving if you place it crooked onto the Gray Granite, however it is fabric so it stretches slightly.
* Stamp the Wren from the Etched in Nature stamp set using Memento Black ink onto the Linen Specialty Paper. ***Trix, I used the Stamparatus® to stamp the outline of the Wren, the Stamparatus® is fabulous because you can re-ink the stamp and stamp again to get even coverage.
* Adhere the Linen layer using Stampin' Dimensionals.
* Stamp the sentiment using Memento Black ink onto a scrap piece of Linen paper and adhere to the Gray Granite Shimmer Ribbon with glue.
* Adhere the Gray Granite Shimmer Ribbon to the card with glue and embellish with Metallic Pearls.
Enjoy and have a super day!
I was wondering about this linen paper so thanks for all the details! And I'm impressed you got this bird to stamp so cleanly; I've had a terrible time. Maybe I need to try it on some texture! Great design and I really like the flower heads peeking out on the side! Thanks for sharing at Fab Friday!ReplyDelete
Thx so much for the comment Amanda! Yes, I like this paper and I now have so many ideas for creating with it. Staz On works beautifully too.Delete
Thanks for the inspiration to create :)
OK, now I can't get the band-aid image out of my mind, lol. That's going to add a new thought to my using that EF! Love this simple and calm card, though - gorgeous! Thanks so much for playing at Fab Friday!ReplyDelete
AAAH love it, truly that's what it's like, or that roll of white fabric tape often found in a first aid kit or grandma's medicine chests :) - haDelete
Thanks for creating the challenge!
Hello Lesley: I saw your card in the Fab Friday gallery and I had to come here to tell you that it's beautiful.ReplyDelete
I also want to ask you, how did you purchase the "Etched in Nature" stamp set? I've been trying to order it and seems to be unavailable, but how can this be since it's in the new catty?
Anyway, I hope you can direct me to where this set is, I think they might have made a mistake with the stamp set number?
Thank you for sharing this beautiful card, I just love that bird.
Stay healthy and safe.
Thx so much for your message and beautiful compliment!
I received the stamp set as a gift from Stampin’ Up for a demo event I was attending. Shortly after they found issues with some of the sets not stamping properly- first time in 30 yrs they’ve had an issue with a rubber stamp - and only with certain ones. So, they made the tough decision to make the stamp not orderable until they fix the problem. Even tho the catty had launched they pulled the stamp set. I’m sorry and I cross my fingers it will be available to order soon. I will call SU and tell them I’ve had an inquiry and I’ll get back to you. I don’t have a problem with the wren but the leaves are not as clear and detailed as rubber stamps usually are. And funny you should bring this up, I’ve totally debated using the set bc I don’t want to use something people cannot buy, however the wren visited my bird house so I decided to make a card.
Thx so much for reaching out and for your lovely compliment. I’m in Canada - where are you? I will call SU next week and see if I can get an update for you :)
Hello Lesley: Thank you so much for replying to my inquiry, it's sad this set won't be available until, hopefully, later and believe me, I will jump to get as soon as they have it available.Delete
Thanks again for your sweet response.
I live in Crown Point, Indiana.
Stay healthy and safe.
I wasn’t sure how best to reply, so if I don’t hear back I’ll email you directly. I called SU and sadly, they’ve decided not to try and reproduce the stamp - I’m sorry it won’t be available. Thx again for visiting my blog and sharing your lovely comments. Perhaps people will sell their stamp after the catty retires. Some stamps seem to work and other don’t, so maybe you might find someone selling a good one? Please let me know if I can help in any other way. Happy Memorial Day weekend 🙂
Very pretty! The neutral colors are perfect with your design. Thanks for joining us at Fab Friday, hope to see you again soon!ReplyDelete
Thx so much Amy for taking time to write.Delete
I really enjoy the challenges, thx for the inspiration!