Hello and thanks for visiting!
Today I'm creating with the fabulous Expressions In Ink Specialty Designer Series Paper and our Note Cards. I love this paper and as I patiently waited for it at arrive I tried to copy the technique. I think I did a pretty good job, but wow, now that I have the paper, wow, it is gorgeous.
I chose to wrap it around a note card to get the full effect of the pattern. To see my 'how to' video on fb click here, StampinTrix FB video Expression In Ink Note Card
The TGIF Challenge #317 is to be inspired by the New Annual Catalogue. Please click on either my card of their blog image to visit their blog directly and be inspired by other creations from this new fabulous catalogue :)
And here's the card details:
Basic White Note Card
Expressions In Ink Specialty Designers Series Paper
Artistically Inked stamp set
Polished Pink Ink
To purchase these products click here, Lesley's online store
Assembly and Trix:
* Fold and burnish the Basic White Note Card on the pre-scored line.
* Cut 1 inch off the right side of the card.
* Cut a 12x12 piece of dsp in half and then half again to create a 6x6 square.
* Trim 1 inch off one side based on the pattern of the paper. ***Trix, the idea of this card is to wrap a pattern of dsp all around the card, so follow the pattern of the paper to determine which edge to cut off.
* Score the dsp at 2 1/2, this will be the front of the card. Ensure the dsp is evenly lining up with the note card by wrapping it around the notecard before gluing into place.
* Stamp the greeting directly on the dsp using Polished Pink ink. ***Trix, I prefer to use the Stamparatus™ for this to ensure I have correct placement of the stamped image.
* Adhere the dsp to the back of the card first with Multipurpose Liquid Glue (glue) on the three outside edges. ***Trix, take care to line up the dsp with the cardstock edges, this will ensure your dsp is centered when you wrap it around the front of the card.
* Align the folds together, aligning the fold of the note card with the fold line of the dsp. Adhere using glue to only the three open sides. ***Trix, always keep the fold line clear of glue to ensure there is room for the dsp to move and fall into place on the note card.
* Embellish with adhesive backed sequins from the Ephemera Pack.
* Sit back and enjoy your simple creation and decide who to send this card to :)
Enjoy and have a super day!
Click here, Stampin' Blends Markers and Rubbing Alcohol Technique while I patiently waiting for the Expressions In Ink Specialty Designer Series Paper to arrive :)