Hello and thx for visiting!
Whew where has the week gone? Must be new catalogue week! I thought I had one more day, seriously I thought I had one more day to get this card creation out of my brain and onto paper for The Paper Players Challenge 539. Oh well, I think I'm just getting it submitted just in time. Please click on either my card or the Paper Players image to go directly to their blog post and see all the inspiration.
The challenge for this week was a theme challenge from Joanne, cards for boys. And since I'm a mom of three grown up boys I had many ideas rolling around in my head for the card this week. When I think back, my boys always liked to explore, often in and around the water. Above all else I hope my boys continue to explore in their adult years, and are always fascinated by the beauty found in nature.
And here's the card details:
4 1/4 x 5 1/2 Mossy Meadow Card base ( 4/14 x 11 folded in half)
4 x 5 1/4 Beauty of the Earth Designers Series Paper (DSP)
3 x 4 1/4 Very Vanilla Cardstock layer
3 1/8 x 4 3/8 Old Olive Cardstock layer
Assembly & Trix:
* Adhere the Beauty of the Earth DSP to the card base with Multipurpose Liquid Glue (glue)
* Stamp the trees using Mossy Meadow and Old Olive ink ***Trix, When I create a scene with a stamp set like this one I practise first. This time I used the Stamparatus® to align the stamps. Initially I tried to move the stamp, in the same position using the hinges on the side, but then it looked to me that the trees were too perfectly aligned. So in the end I repositioned the stamp to capture different tress and built a scene from there.
* Stamp the tent with Old Olive ink and colour in with Blender pens. Use Pool Party and Granny Apple Green Stampin' Blends Markers to create a focal tent image.
* Adhere the Very Vanilla layer to the Old Olive layer with glue and then attach with Stampin' Dimensionals.
* Stamp the sentiment in Mossy Meadow ink and fussy cut out, adhere with Mini Stampin' Dimensionals.
Enjoy and have a super day!