Hello and thanks for visiting!
Today's card is for Amy's sketch over at Freshly Made Sketches, please click on either my card or the FMS image to go directly to their blog post. This simple sketch is so perfect for a wide variety of cards. I really wanted to play with the new Inspired Thoughts Bundle and keep the card very simple and easy to replicate for upcoming classes. We live in the Niagara Peninsula with so many beautiful orchards of pink in bloom right now, I just had to try and create blossoms with this foliage die. I thought the sentiment was perfect for a Mother's Day, or a spring birthday card.
And here's the card details:
4 1/4 x 5 1/2 Thick Basic White Card base (4 1/4 x 11 folded in half)
4 x 5 1/2 Basic White Cardstock (CS) layer
1 3/4 x 2 inch piece of Basic White CS for sentiment frame
1 1/2 x 1/58 Basic White CS piece for sentiment
Assembly & Trix:
* Die cut the tree from the Inspired Thoughts dies and cut apart for a single tree, using Soft Suede CS
* Die cut the blossoms from Polished Pink CS. ***Trix, these blossoms/foliage are terrific because there are bits within the die that pop out and bits that can be flipped up to create a bit of dimension. I coloured the bits that flip up with the chalk marker to catch the light even more and hopefully look like blossoms opening.
* Dies cut the grass or slope using Pear Pizzazz CS.
* Stamp the sentiment with Granny Apple Green on the smallest piece of Basic white CS and pop up with dimensionals on the larger of the two Basic White pieces to create a frame and focus for the sentiment.
* Blend Balmy Blue on the CS layer using Blending Brushes to create a look of sky behind the tree.
* Adhere the sentiment first to the CS layer with Multipurpose Liquid Glue(glue) and then build the scene around the sentiment and adhere with glue.
* Enhance with a Bumblebee Trinket and adhere with a Mini Glue Dot.
Enjoy & have a super day!