Hello and thx for visiting!
This card has been rolling around in my head for two weeks and I realize I'm cutting it close for entry into Fab Friday Challenge 212. Please click on either my card or the Fab Friday image to go directly to their website and prepare to be inspired. I think Mindy's card is what must have been inspiring me subconsciously this last week - ha - because as I prepare to post to the Fab Friday challenge I see the similarity. Oh well, I guess I've CASEd Mindy this week - thx Mindy!
I do love this new Beauty of the Earth Designer Series Paper, it has a masculine feel to it, but somehow, when I've created with this wood grain, I'm adding flowers. :) And seriously I think my fav to date is Color & Contour, I love the line art of the flowers and the sentiments in this fabulous stamp set. Then, kick it up a notch with all the scalloped dies, simply fun! I hope my simple card inspires you to mix up your stamp sets and paper choices, and you see the range of options with this colour combination at the Fab Friday blog.
And here's the card details:
4 1/4 x 5 1/2 Soft Sea Foam card base ( 4 1/4 x 11 folded in half)
4 1/8 x 5 3/8 Beauty of the Earth DSP layer
1 /14 x 2 1/2 Soft Sea Foam cardstock piece to frame the scalloped rectangle
Basic White cardstock scrap tp fit the smallest scallop rectangle die
Cardstock and Ink in the following colours: Soft Sea Foam; Old Olive; Flirty Flamingo & Terracotta Tile (retired - you could use Calypso Coral)
Color & Contour Bundle
Assembly & Trix:
* Adhere the woodgrain dsp to the Soft Sea Foam card base with Multipurpose Liquid Glue (glue)
* Stamp the sentiment with Soft Sea Foam Ink and adhere to Soft Sea Foam piece with glue.
* Adhere the Soft Sea Foam and scalloped rectangle to the woodgrain dsp with glue.
* Stamp each flower with the matching ink colour and die cut with the Scalloped Contour Dies. ***Trix, Stamp the leaves of the largest flower image, cut out with matching die and trim to fit within the flower placement as you prefer.
* Decide on placement of flowers and adhere with Stampin' Dimensionals. ***Trix, only add dimensionals to the portion of the flower that attaches to the woodgrain dsp, let the other half of the flower rest on the flower beside it, so they look nestled in together and overlapping slightly.
Enjoy and have a super day!