Hello and thx for visiting today!
Today's card is inspired by the TGIF Challenge #314 Oh My Ombre. This fabulous challenge is a Designer Takeover Challenge created by Charlet. Please click on either my card or the TGIFC image to go directly to their blog post and soak in all the inspiration!
I've been practicing with the Stampin' Blends Markers and Rubbing Alcohol Technique this past week, so I challenged myself to attempt an ombre look. I also wanted to create a very simple card with the focus being on the technique, so I left the card free of extra embellishments and hoped with the addition of the tree it would look like a sunrise or sunset scene.
|Click here to visit the #TGIFC314 blog post|
And here's the card details:
4 1/4 x 5 1/2 Very Vanilla Card base (4 1/2 x 11 folded in half)
2 1/8 x 5 1/2 Calypso Coral Cardstock layer
2 inch x 5 1/2 Pearlescent Specialty Paper
Stampin' Blends Markers: Calypso Coral; Mango Melody; Petal Pink
Flirty Flamingo Ink
Early Expresso Ink
Beauty of Friendship stamp set
Assembly & Trix:
Please see my Facebook live video here Stampin' Blends Markers & Rubbing Alcohol Technique to learn how I created the background for the tree.
* Create the sunrise/sunset background on Pearlescent Specialty Paper using the Stampin' Blends Markers & Rubbing Alcohol Technique.
* Stamp the tree using Early Expresso ink and adhere to the Calypso Coral CS layer with Multipurpose Liquid Glue.
* Stamp the sentiment with Flirty Flamingo Ink and cut out using a label within the Beautiful Trees Dies. ***Trix, I double cut the 'thank you ' sentiment with the die to create the shorter and narrow piece. I love the little impression line across the top and bottom of the label.
* Adhere the sentiment to the tree with Mini Stampin' Dimensionals.
* Adhere the card strip layer to the Very Vanilla card base suing Stampin' Dimensionals.
Enjoy and have a super day!