Today's post is for Kylie's Monthly International Blog. If you like my card I'd love for you to vote for me. If I'm one of the winners I will join Kylie's International Blog Hop at the end of the month. *Please click on my card or the vote for me button below, to go directly to Kylie's International Highlights Gallery. Vote by clicking on the little heart in the top right corner of my card within the gallery. Enjoy the inspiration you're sure to find in this gallery of talented demonstrators. Thanks so much for participating!
For my card today I knew I wanted to use the Damselfly from the Dandy Laser-Cut Paper with lots of shimmer, and I wanted to watercolour on Thick Basic White card stock. That was it, my only parameters :) I hope my card inspires you to create!
Here's the card details:
4 1/4 x 5 1/2 Thick Basic White Card Stock (4 1/2 x 11 folded in half)
3 9/16 x 5 3/16 Pool Party Card Stock (its a smidge bigger than the watercolour layer)
3 1/2 x 5 1/8 Thick Basic White Card Stock
* Brush the Thick Basic White layer with water using the Water Painters then add a light wash of Pool Party ink, touched up with a bit with Coastal Cabana. To create the wash of colour squeeze the ink pad so a bit of ink moves onto the lid, add a bit of water to the lid using the Water Painter to create a pool of water, and lightly swipe across the paper, building colour as you go. *** I am impressed with how much water our Thick paper can handle. I recommend Shimmery White Card Stock and Fluid 100 Watercolor Paper for use with more water, when creating depth of colour, and using more than one colour when you want the ink to move and blend. But for a wash of colour the Thick Basic White works well.
* While the paper dries, add Pool Party and Highland Heather ink to the Laser-Cut Damselfly with Blending Brushes. To deepen the colour of the body use a bit of Coastal Cabana with a Blender Pen.
* Cover the wings of the Damselfly with Wink of Stella for lots of shimmer.
* Stamp 'thanks' from the Queen Anne's Lace stamp set in Coastal Cabana and fussy cut out.
* When the watercolour wash layer is dry, adhere it to the Pool Party layer with Multipurpose Liquid Glue, then attached that layer to the card base with Stampin' Dimensionals.
* Adhere the 'thanks' with Mini Stampin' Dimensionals, cut a piece to fit for the Damselfly.
* Add some bling with Rhinestones.