Hello and thanks for popping in today!
I am so excited to show you how I made this little card for the TGIFChallenge, a colour challenge using Blushing Bride, Flirty Flamingo and Pool Party. This is such a simple fun design to make, its so easy to mix it up with whatever you have on hand. I hope you give this card a try, all the measurements are below. Please click on either my card or the TGIFC image to go directly to their blog and see what inspiration awaits you! Thx so much to TGIFC for creating these challenges to push our creativity.
Here's the card details
5 1/2 x 4 1/4 Portrait card base in Pool Party (5 1/2 x 8 1/2 folded in half)
3 3/4 x 5 Blushing Bride Layer
3 3/4 x 5 Flirty Flamingo Layer
3 1/2 x 4 3/4 Basic White Layer
* Everyday Label Punch
* 3/4 x 4 strip of Pool Party
* 12 inch piece of Crinkled Seam Binding Ribbon
* Stampin' Blends Markers in Pink Pirouette (retired), Flirty Flamingo and Pool Party
Assembly with some 'Trix' :)
I think what makes this simple design visually eye catching is that the brightest layer is shifted slightly. The Pool Party and Blushing Bride are square to each other with a 1/4 border, and the Blushing Bride and Basic White layers are square to each other with 1/8 inch border. So here's how I did it.
*** 1st Trix - Before gluing, practise shifting the layers to create the visual dimension. Lay the Flirty Flamingo layer on top of the Blushing Bride, and shift the Flirty Flamingo layer ever so slightly to the right, keep the Blushing Bride straight and square. Do you see how this simple trick plays with the eye a bit? All you've done is slightly move one colour while keeping the base colour straight.
*** 2nd Trix - Glue the layers together first before placing them on the card base.
*** 3rd Trix - Add lots of Mulitpurpose Liquid Glue to the back of the Flirty Flamingo, and line it up on top of the Brushing Bride, shifting slightly to the right, remember, don't move the Blushing Bride layer, just adjust the Flirty Flamingo. I suggest using lots of glue because then you have some drying time to smoosh the Flirty Flamingo layer into place. Lay both layers on the Pool Party card base to make sure the the Blushing Bride is even with the Pool Party *don't glue it down.
*** 4th Trix - Lay the Basic White layer on top ensuring that it lines up square with the Blushing Bride layer, leaving an 1/8 of an inch border, then glue it into place.
* Wrap ribbon around the centre of the card layers and tie a bow at the side edge.
* Adhere the layer to the Pool Party card base with Multipurpose Liquid Glue.
* Adhere the Basic White Everyday Label with Stampin' Dimensionals.
* Adhere the Pool Party Strip to the label with Multipurpose Liquid Glue. I decided to angle the one edge so that it looked like a shelf for the cups to sit on. I also stamped a wood grain image, (from Whiskey Business stamp set) with Pool Party ink and coloured it with Pool Party Stampin' Blends Markers to get the coloured wood look effect.
* Stamp the cups from Nothing's Better Than stamp set and die cut with the Love You More dies. Colour the star pattern with a brush stroke of Stampin' Blends Markers in Light and Dark Pool Party, Light and Dark Flirty Flamingo and Dark Pink Pirouette (retired, I don't have Blushing Bride, but you could substitute Light Rococo Rose).
* Adhere the bottom three cups to the Pool Party Strip with Multipurpose Glue. Attach the two top cups to the Basic White layer with double dimensionals, so they look like they're balancing on the bottom three cups. I used two dimensionals stacked on top of each other.
* Stamp and fussy cut the 'Thinking of You' with Memento Black ink - can you see where I got the sentiment? Its part of a longer sentiment on the Many Messages stamp set :) Adhere it to the label with Multipurpose Liquid Glue.
I hope this card inspires you to try a card with a few layers, shift one layer and see the effect.
Enjoy and have a super day!
Adorable idea for a card and just perfect for the challenge colors. Thanks so much for joining TGIF Challenges this week!ReplyDelete
Thx so much Tami, I appreciate your kind words and you taking the time to write. It was a fun card to make! :)Delete
Thx so much Tami, I appreciate your kind words and you taking the time to write. It was a fun card to make! :)ReplyDelete