Hello and thanks for visiting!
Today's card was created for the Tickled Pink Challenge #199 over @ Retro Rubber Challenge Blog. My card was chosen as the winner for the #rrcb194 Challenge and now I have the opportunity to be a Guest Designer for the this challenge. Thank you Design Team for choosing my card! I love to play with the old stamps and it's a real treat to join the team for this fun challenge.
This card is also inspired by my dad. His birthday is January 27th. I miss him everyday and have very fond memories of our apple orchard. This branch is an apple blossom branch to my eye, and its dads' birthday, so of course I have to stamp with it!
*** The Trix ***
* Stamp the image with Memento Black Ink and colour in with Flirty Flamingo, Soft Succulent & Smoky Slate Stampin' Blends Markers. *Trix* add a bit of Wink of Stella® Clear Glitter Brush, #141897 to the branch to give it a silvery look.
* Adhere the stamped 4 x 4 piece of Very Vanilla to a Basic White layer a smidge bigger (1/16th of an inch) and then adhere to a Very Vanilla 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 card base.
* Heat Emboss the sentiment with Silver Embossing Powder, #155555
* Create a Very Vanilla 1 1/4" x 4 1/4" band of texture with the Stripes from the Stripes & Splatters 3D Embossing Folder, #157980 and adhere with dimensionals. Embellish with Festive Pearls, #159963
*** Click here to shop the current products and consider using Wisteria Wishes Stamp Set, #159434, or Garden Birdhouses, #155090 as alternative stamp sets.
I'm not sure the age of this stamp set, maybe around 2007. The stamp was an old style clear mount. Here's a *Trix* if you have one of these old sets, and the 'cling' doesn't grab the clear block as well, try adding a bit of Tombow Removable Adhesive to the cling side, it will grip the clear block.
Please click the image to visit the #rrcb199 Challenge
|Please click the image to visit the Retro Rubber Challenge Blog|
Sale-a-bration continues 'til February 28th 2023
However please be aware that the Freebies are available while supplies last. If something has caught your eye, my advice is to shop early and earn those freebies :)
If you're like me and you like to have it all, consider purchasing the Starter Kit. The Starter Kit is always the best value for your dollar, because it ships for free with no tax in most provinces.
It's simply the best value for the dollar. Choose your favourites as your 'Starter Kit', there is no commitment to sell or promote Stampin' Up!® products unless you wish to. I purchased the Starter Kit to save money and enjoyed a discount on my purchases for 5 years until I decided to start my online business.
During Sale-a-bration choose a Starter Kit
Three Stampin' Up!® Starter Kit Options, ...
* Receive the new Boho Blue Mini Stamp Cut & Emboss Machine for free & Choose $225 worth of products from any current catalogue and pay $175 (no shipping or taxes in most provinces) ***Save $107.22 & get $136 worth of product***
* Receive the original white Mini Machine for free & Choose $225 worth of products from any current catalogue and pay $175 (no shipping or taxes in most provinces) ***Save $107.22 & get $136 worth of product***
* Your choice of $225 Stampin' Up!® products for only $135 ***Save $147.22 & get $90 worth of product***
*** Click here to visit my Join page on the Stampin' Up!® site
Enjoy & have a super day!
This is stunning Lesley, I love your colouring and perfect heat embossing. The wrap at the top is gorgeous! So happy to have you with us as a GDT this time at Retro Rubber, hope to see you in the gallery again soon. Claire DTReplyDelete
Wow Claire what a lovely compliment, thank you so very much for your kind words! It was a super fun challenge and I truly enjoyed the opportunity to be a Guest Designer! Thank you!Delete