Hello and thanks for visiting!
Well, I have been wanting to create a card with this particular paper from the In The Wild DSP pack since I received it. I was so excited to see the Paper Players Challenge this week and I thought oh - perfect - I will make a card with this paper. However, then I couldn't cover the paper with the top layer as per the sketch. Want to see what I mean? Check out The Paper Players blog post by clicking on either my card or The Paper Players image to see the sketch Laurie has created for us.
Finally after much re working I cut out the center section with a die :) and kept the pattern intact! I love the versatility of this sketch. I think it's a go to for me for design. The Trix when using the same DSP for a sketch like this is dimensionals - double up, triple up, whatever you need to create the dimension :) Now go make a card :) Have fun!
And here's the card details:
4 1/4 x 5 1/2 Evening Evergreen card base ( 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 folded in half landscape orientation)
4 1/8 x 5 3/8 In The Wild Designer Series Paper *****Click here, In The Wild DSP to shop the paper sale July 1 - August 2 2021
Scrap Basic White cardstock (CS) for the plant images and sentiment strip
In The Wild Suite stamp set and dies
Color & Contour stamp set
Stitched Rectangle Dies
Ink Pads: Soft Succulent & Evening Evergreen
Metallic Pearls embellishments
*****Click here, Lesley's Online Store to shop the products used to create this card. Please remember to use the Host Code (found on the right side bar) when your order is $60 or greater, and then I can send you a little thank you gift in the mail the following month.
Assembly & Trix:
* Die cut the center from the DSP using the Stitched Rectangle Dies then adhere the frame to the card base with Multipurpose Liquid Glue (glue)
* Stamp the plant image 2x using Soft Succulent ink on Basic White CS and die cut out.
* Adhere one plant image to the card base using Stampin' Dimensionals, (dimensionals)
* Adhere the die cut DSP centre to the card base using dimensionals. ***Trix, I doubled up the dimensionals to add more lift to the card. I used one dimensional layer for the plant and then two dimensionals stacked on top of each other to adhere the centre section of DSP.
* Adhere the second plant image to the card using two Mini dimensionals, fitting it in to the existing corner image.
* Stamp the sentiment using Evening Evergreen ink on Basic White CS.
* Die cut the sentiment using a Stitched Rectangle die. ***Trix, I die cut the sentiment and then die cut it again to shorten the rectangle to fit the area.
* Adhere the sentiment to the DSP using glue.
* Embellish with Silver Metallic Pearls as desired.
Here is better view of the depth and dimension you can create with dimensionals :)
*****Click here, Designer Series Paper Sale to shop the DSP sale. July 1 - August 2, 2021 select DSP paper packs are available for 15% off. Please remember to use the Host Code (found on the right side bar) when your order is $60 or greater, then I can send you a little thank you gift in the mail with your thank you card the following month.
|Click on the image to shop the paper sale July 1 - August 2 2021
Enjoy and have a super day!