Hello and thanks for visiting!
Today's card is a bit of a mash up! Here's the story :) We live in wine country and just celebrated our Wedding Anniversary with immediate family outside. To be safe I ordered individual Nosh Boxes from a local winery - they were fabulous! (Kind of like a charcuterie board in a box). I decided I needed to send a thank you card to the winery but I didn't have a vision for the card. The Winery is called Featherstone, the image on the label is a gorgeous painted feather, which looks suspiciously like Fresh Freesia. I thought it would be neat to personalize the thank you card with a feather. Then,........
The Paper Players posted a Clean-and-Simple Challenge from Joanne, with a theme of Fruits or Berries. The Global Design Project for this week is a Color Challenge - Blackberry Bliss, Fresh Freesia and Pear Pizzazz. Voila - the card came together! Please click on the blog images from The Paper Players and the Global Design Project and visit these blogs. You will be inspired!
And here's the card details:
4 1/4 x 5 1/2 Fresh Freesia card base (4 1/4 x 11 folded in half)
4 x 5 1/4 Fresh Freesia cardstock (CS) layer
2 3/8 x 2 3/8 Blackberry Bliss CS
2 1/4 x 2 1/4 Basic White CS for the grape image and a tiny piece for the sentiment.
Ink Pads; Blackberry Bliss, Fresh Freesia, Pear Pizzazz
Blackberry Bliss & Pear Pizzazz Stampin' Write Markers
Tasteful Touches & Peaceful Moments stamp sets
Nature's Pace retired stamp set
Fresh Freesia Stampin' Blends Marker
Very Vanilla Scalloped Lace Trim
Assembly & Trix:
* Stamp the feather using Fresh Freesia ink on the Fresh Freesia layer, then adhere to the Fresh Freesia card base with Multipurpose Liquid Glue (glue)
* Use Stampin' Write Markers to colour the grapes and stamp on the Basic White square. ***Trix, I wanted the grapes to look like they are ripening, some green and some coloured. Colour first with Pear Pizzazz and then add the darker Blackberry Bliss ink. (dark over light)
* Stamp the 'thank" in the corner tucked around the grapes. ***Trix, I love the font of this stamp set but the full sentiment was too long for the space. I used a scrap piece of paper and kept it close to the edge of the image square so that just the 'thank ' would be on the square.
* Stamp the 'thank you' sentiment on a scrap piece of Basic White CS and cut the words apart.
* Adhere the image to the Blackberry Bliss square using glue.
* Colour the lace trim with the Fresh Freesia Stampin' Blends Marker.
* Adhere the lace trim and the linen thread to the back of the image square with Stampin' Seal adhesive.
* Adhere the square to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals (dimensionals)
* Adhere the 'you' to the card with doubled up dimensionals.
Here's the link for Featherstone Winery, Vineland Ontario Canada Featherstone Estate Winery
Enjoy and have a super day!