Hello and thanks for visiting!
Today I'm making a Peek-a-Boo Window card for the Technique Challenge at TGIF. Please check out their blog post by either clicking on my card of the TGIFC image and join the fun!
Summertime, time to get outside and explore this beautiful country of ours. Summertime is short here in Canada so seize the opportunity to slow down, take some time and get outside, explore and take in nature - it's good for the soul!
And here's the card details:
4 1/4 x 5 1/2 Thick Basic White card base (4 1/4 x 11 folded in half)
4 1/4 x 5 1/2 Pear Pizzazz cardstock (CS) layer
Campology stamp set
Tasteful Texture 3D Embossing Folder
Stitched Rectangle Framelits Dies
Ink Pads: Evening Evergreen, Pear Pizzazz, Black Memento
Stampin' Blends Markers: Balmy Blue & Granny Apple Green
**Click here, Lesley's Online Store to purchase the supplies to create this card. Remember to use the Host Code (found on the top right side bar of my blog) when you spend $60 or more, and then I can send you a thank you gift the following month.
Assembly & Trix:
***Trix, I think the key to this card is the Stamparatus I use the Grid Paper to mark the corners of the card base to keep both layers of CS evenly placed. And, once the tree stamp is positioned you know it will stamp in the same place each time.
* Decide on the overall placement of the window by placing the rectangle die on the card before stamping. ***Trix, with the card base secured to the Stamparatus add marks on the Grid Paper where the rectangle die will cut. I used 1/4 of an inch in from the side and 1 1/4 inch up from the bottom.
* Stamp the tree stamp using Evening Evergreen ink and the tent using Memento ink on the Thick Basic White card base.
* Stamp the tree stamp using Pear Pizzazz on the Pear Pizzazz layer. ***Trix, I leave the card base on the Stamparatus and cover with the Pear Pizzazz layer to make sure its perfectly even with the Thick Basic White layer, then I stamp.
* Die cut the window from the Pear Pizzazz layer. ***Trix, I leave the Pear Pizzazz layer on the Stamparatus using the marks on the grid paper to align the rectangle die. I secure the die cut with a post it note and then move it to the Stamp Cut and Emboss Machine.
* Emboss the Pear Pizzazz layer with the texture embossing folder.
* Blend more Pear Pizzazz ink on the trees to add dimension. Blend Balmy Blue ink on the card for the sky.
* Colour the tent and grass using the Stampin' Blends Markers .
* Adhere the Pear Pizzazz layer to the card base with Stampin' Dimensionals.
* Stamp the sentiment using Evening Evergreen and fussy cut out.
* Adhere bits of linen thread to the back of the sentiment with Stampin' Seal adhesive, then adhere to the card using Stampin' Dimensionals.
*****Free Shipping one day only - June 24, 2021 - A perfect time to purchase a fabulous tool! Click here, Lesley's Online Store to purchase the Stamparatus. Remember to use the June Host Code (found on the top right side bar of my blog) and I will send you a thank you gift in July.
Enjoy and have a super day!