Hello and thanks for visiting!
Today's card is a bit of a mash up! Here's the story :) We live in wine country and just celebrated our Wedding Anniversary with immediate family outside. To be safe I ordered individual Nosh Boxes from a local winery - they were fabulous! (Kind of like a charcuterie board in a box). I decided I needed to send a thank you card to the winery but I didn't have a vision for the card. The Winery is called Featherstone, the image on the label is a gorgeous painted feather, which looks suspiciously like Fresh Freesia. I thought it would be neat to personalize the thank you card with a feather. Then,........
The Paper Players posted a Clean-and-Simple Challenge from Joanne, with a theme of Fruits or Berries. The Global Design Project for this week is a Color Challenge - Blackberry Bliss, Fresh Freesia and Pear Pizzazz. Voila - the card came together! Please click on the blog images from The Paper Players and the Global Design Project and visit these blogs. You will be inspired!
And here's the card details:
4 1/4 x 5 1/2 Fresh Freesia card base (4 1/4 x 11 folded in half)
4 x 5 1/4 Fresh Freesia cardstock (CS) layer
2 3/8 x 2 3/8 Blackberry Bliss CS
2 1/4 x 2 1/4 Basic White CS for the grape image and a tiny piece for the sentiment.
Ink Pads; Blackberry Bliss, Fresh Freesia, Pear Pizzazz
Blackberry Bliss & Pear Pizzazz Stampin' Write Markers
Tasteful Touches & Peaceful Moments stamp sets
Nature's Pace retired stamp set
Fresh Freesia Stampin' Blends Marker
Very Vanilla Scalloped Lace Trim
Assembly & Trix:
* Stamp the feather using Fresh Freesia ink on the Fresh Freesia layer, then adhere to the Fresh Freesia card base with Multipurpose Liquid Glue (glue)
* Use Stampin' Write Markers to colour the grapes and stamp on the Basic White square. ***Trix, I wanted the grapes to look like they are ripening, some green and some coloured. Colour first with Pear Pizzazz and then add the darker Blackberry Bliss ink. (dark over light)
* Stamp the 'thank" in the corner tucked around the grapes. ***Trix, I love the font of this stamp set but the full sentiment was too long for the space. I used a scrap piece of paper and kept it close to the edge of the image square so that just the 'thank ' would be on the square.
* Stamp the 'thank you' sentiment on a scrap piece of Basic White CS and cut the words apart.
* Adhere the image to the Blackberry Bliss square using glue.
* Colour the lace trim with the Fresh Freesia Stampin' Blends Marker.
* Adhere the lace trim and the linen thread to the back of the image square with Stampin' Seal adhesive.
* Adhere the square to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals (dimensionals)
* Adhere the 'you' to the card with doubled up dimensionals.
Here's the link for Featherstone Winery, Vineland Ontario Canada Featherstone Estate Winery
Enjoy and have a super day!
It seems like these challenges were ready made for you! I love when a card can be personalized and the right stamps are at hand to do it. These colors and the feathers in the back are perfect. Thanks for sharing at The Paper Players!ReplyDelete
Thx so much Amanda! It was a fun one to do with all the connections happening :)Delete
Thx for your lovely words and taking time to comment
Thank you for the inspiring challenges
A beautiful card, Lesley! I LOVE how you tied in all of the details related to Featherstone Winery. With the exception of these past two years, we always bring dogs up to Canada to show for a few weeks during the summer. Our home base is London, and we usually work in some "touristy" trips during the week, such as Niagara Falls. We will have to check out the winery our next trip up. Two years ago we showed in Hamilton. That would have been pretty close! Your card is CAS perfection, and I am so glad you shared at The Paper Players this week!ReplyDelete
This is so neat! Thank you for sharing🙂Delete
We’re half way between Hamilton and NF, superb wine county. Definitely check out Featherstone and I can recommend others close by too - you could easily visit 6 good ones in the same area.
So neat that you show Boxers, my son loves boxers. We have a PWD - I love dog shows and haven’t been to one in yrs. Please don’t hesitate to send me an email if you’re here again. Thx so much for your kind words and thank you for the excellent inspiring challenges!