Hello and thanks for visiting!
First day creating with the new stamp set Garden Birdhouses and I love it! You will be seeing more of this set I'm sure. I set out to create a card for Freshly Made sketches #489 - A sketch challenge by Linda. Please click on my card or their blog image to go directly to their blog. Enjoy the inspiration!
And here's the card details:
4 1/4 x 5 1/2 Thick Basic White card base (4 1/4 x 11 folded in half)
3 3/8 x 4 5/8 Granny Apple Green CS layer
3 1/4 x 4 1/2 Basic White cardstock (CS)
Scrap piece of Early Expresso for the die cut tree branch
Garden Birdhouses stamp set
Beautiful Trees Dies
Ink Pads: Soft Suede, Pear Pizzazz, Balmy Blue
Stampin' Blends Markers: Petal Pink, Daffodil Delight, Highland Heather, Balmy Blue, Granny Apple Green, Bronze, Crumb Cake
**Click here, Lesley's online store to shop for the card supplies used. Remember mix it up :) You can add and delete from the cart on my online store, based on the supplies you already have. Change up the colour of the birdhouse, birds or sentiment. **Remember to use the Host Code for purchases $60 or more and I will send you an thank you gift in the mail in July. The Host Code for the month is at the top of the right sidebar.
Assembly & Trix:
* Die cut the tree from the Beautiful Trees Dies in Early Espresso. ***Trix, I chose to use the largest tree with the most branches and then I cut the branches to fit the scale of the card.
* Position the branch across the card first to decide placement of birdhouse, sentiment and birds.
* Stamp the birdhouse and birdhouse hanger with Soft Suede ink. Color with Stampin' Blends Markers.
* Adhere the branch with Multipurpose Liquid Glue (glue)
* Stamp the birds and leaves on the Basic White very close to the branch. I used Pear Pizzazz and Soft Suede. Colour the birds with Stampin' Blends Markers as you wish.
* Stamp the 'hello' with Balmy Blue ink.
* Stamp the grass at the base of the card with Pear Pizzazz ink.
* Adhere the Basic White layer to the Granny Apple Green CS layer.
* Embellish as you wish. I was trying very hard to stay true to the sketch, so I chose 3 birds and a couple of Rhinestone Basic Jewels and coloured them with a Balmy Blue Stampin' Blends Marker. But then I thought it needed another rhinestone - ha - total personal preference :)
Enjoy and have a super day!
This is as cut as can be! Love the birds and birdhouse! Glad you joined us at FMS!ReplyDelete
Thx so much for your lovely compliment Linda. I love your design challenges, thank you for offering them :)Delete
Thx so much Linda! Thx for the design challenges!ReplyDelete
Love this lil cutie! Your take on the sketch is just fabulous - you've created a wonderful scene. Thanks for joining us at FMS this week!ReplyDelete
Thx so much Narelle for your kind words! Your challenges alway inspire me! So thank you!Delete