Today's card is a "Blast from the Past" - the Stampin' Up!® wood mount stamp set is called "For Father", I cannot remember when it was released - maybe early 2000's. If any of you remember it and know the date, please leave me a comment :) TGIF Challenge #316 inspired the layout for today's card, please click on either my card or the TGIF Challenges image to visit their blog.
I made this card for my son who is beginning a carpentry apprenticeship - and it simply is the perfect image, I had to use it :) The barn board wood grain look of this In Good Taste Designers Series Paper (dsp) is the perfect compliment. This time I chose to put the sentiment on the inside, the picture is at the bottom of the page.
And here's the card details:
* 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 Early Expressor card base (4 1/4 x 11 folded in half)
* 4 x 5 1/2 Basic White Cardstock (CS) layer
* Three 3/4 inch strips of Barnboard/woodgrain In Good Taste DSP: 2 strips 1/2 inch wide; 1 strip 3/4 inch wide; 1 strip 1 inch wide
* 2 1/2 x 3 1/4 scrap of Basic White CS for image layer.
* 2 1/4 x 3 5/8 piece of Early Expresso for background
Assembly and Trix:
* Stamp the carpenters box image onto the scrap of Basic White CS with Memento Black ink and colour with Stampin' Blends Markers in Gray Granite; Crumb Cake; Bronze; Smokey Slate; Calypso Coral and Seaside Spray.
* Cut the image with a rectangle from the Stitched Rectangle Shapes Dies and adhere it to the Early Expresso piece.
* Plan the placement of the woodgrain dsp pieces and the sentiment piece to create even spacing, or group as you prefer. Adhere the woodgrain dsp with Multipurpose Liquid Glue (glue)
* Adhere the image piece with Stampin' Dimensionals. Highlight the saw with a bit of Wink of Stella if you like :)
Here's a picture of the inside of the card, I really wanted to keep the outside clean and aligned. The sentiment is from Peaceful Thoughts stamp set with Early Expresso ink.
Enjoy and have a super day!