Hello and thx for visiting!
The Paper Players 535 is a Theme Challenge from Jaydee, the theme is flowers. I love flowers and card ideas flooded my mind, but I decided to mix it up and challenge myself to create something different. I wanted to try a make a symmetrical and minimalist style of card, use one stamp set and I wanted to use my Stamparatus™ So I pushed myself out of my comfort zone, and to be perfectly honest I'm not quite sure about this card, but I've decided to walk away and just let it be :)
Please click on my card or the Paper Players image to go directly to the PP535 blog post. I'm sure you will be inspired with all the creativity. And please let me know if you challenge yourself to try something new with your paper crafting.
4x4 Thick Basic White card base (4 x 8 folded in half)
4x4 Thick Basic White layer
Stampin' Blends Markers in Light & Dark Petal Pink, Light & Dark Calypso Coral, Light & Dark Flirty Flamingo, Light & Dark Melon Mambo, Light & Dark Purple Posy, Light & Dark Highland Heather, Light Granny Apple Green, Light & Dark Pool Party
Memento Black Ink
Granny Apple Green ink
Use the Stamparatus™ to create the card.
* Practice first on the Stamparatus™ Grid Paper. I like to work in the middle of the grid, so I laid the 4x4 layer in the centre of the grid, I think it was 2 inches up from the bottom, 2 inches in from the left and 1 inch in from the right. I mark this area on the grid paper and then remove the 4x4 layer and practice stamping on the grid paper. Position the stamp in the bottom right 1x1 inch square and stamp, move the plate along the hinge until you've stamped four flowers, re-inking as you go. Wipe off your stamp and re-position it on the next 1x1 square above and repeat your process. You will find what works for you, practice first and find the pattern :)
* Stamp three rows of tulips with Memento Black ink.
* The butterfly also fits in a 1x1 inch square, so I put one on either side of the greeting which miraculously fits perfectly in a 2 inch square. Actually I think Stampin' Up!® plans the dimensions of each stamp so that they'll coordinate so well together.
* The bottom row is coloured with Petal Pink and Calypso Coral Stampin' Blends Markers, the middle row is coloured with Flirty Flamingo and Melon Mambo, the top row is coloured with Purple Posy and Highland Heather.
* The butterflies are coloured with Pool Party Stampin' Blends Markers and the greeting is stamped with Granny Apple Green.
* Adhere the 4x4 layer to the 4x4 Thick Basic White card base with Stampin' Dimensionals.
Enjoy and have a super day!