Hello and thx for visiting!
Todays card was created for the Fab Friday 210 Challenge using the colours Misty Moonlight, Pear Pizazz, and Smokey Slate. I love this colour combo! I decided to use a sketch from Freshly Made Sketches #479, because I missed playing along with their challenge last week.
Please click on my card or the Fab Friday image to go directly to the Fab Friday 210 blog post. There is so much inspiration here, fantastic designs, simply using these three colours.
Here's the card details:
5 1/2 x 4 1/4 Smokey Slate card base, landscape orientation (5 1/2 x 81/2 folded in half)
5 x 3 3/4 Basic White layer
4 7/8 x 3 5/8 Pear Pizazz layer
1/2 x 3/3/4 strip of Basic White for the sentiment
1 1/2 x 2 Basic White for the tent image
1 9/16 x 2 1/16 (a smidge bigger than the Basic White piece above) in Misty Moonlight
2 3/4 x 1 5/8 Basic White for the 'Happy Trails' sentiment & to frame the Misty Moonlight piece above.
Assembly & 'Trix':
* Stamp the trees with Pear Pizazz ink.
* Stamp 'explore' on the 1/2 strip with Pear Pizazz ink. *** I used my Stamparatus™ to help get it straight. I positioned my paper vertically, aligned my stamp at the bottom of the strip, then moved the clear plastic plate up, one hinge at a time.
* Stamp 'happy trails' with Misty Moonlight ink using the Stamparatus ™
* Colour the tent with Misty Moonlight Stampin' Blends Markers. The grass is coloured with Pear Pizazz using a Blender Pen because I don't have Pear Pizazz Stampin' Blends Markers :)
* All the card layers are adhered using Multipurpose Liquid Glue. After gluing the three layer tent piece, I popped it up with dimensionals.
I hope this card has inspired you to use the colour combination of Misty Moonlight, Pear Pizazz & Smokey slate to create an awesome card.
Enjoy and have a super day!
Sweet layout! The colors are perfect with your design. Thanks for joining us at Fab Friday, hope to see you again soon!ReplyDelete
Thx so very much Amy! That was a dynamite colour combo, one of my fav's. Thx for taking time to write :)Delete
So clever, Lesley - I love the camping sets, but I'm never sure if I'd use them! I LOVE this tranquil card, and what a great layout! Thanks so much for playing at Fab Friday!ReplyDelete
Thank you Heather for your kind words. Yay, I'm so glad it felt Tranquil. You know this set is a kind of a hidden gem, I have used it so much this yr. Simply, the sentiment, You Brighten My Path with the lantern. I can't wait to use it with our new paper coming. Thx for taking the time to write .Delete
Neat layout! The larger trees on the side are a great subtle background image for the tent and I like the 'explore' along the little strip! Thanks for sharing at Fab Friday!ReplyDelete
Thank you Amanda for your thoughtful words! I'm so thankful for the challenges you offer, they really inspire me, so thank you, for providing the opportunities! :)Delete
Thank you Amada for your thoughtful words! I'm so thankful for the challenges you offer, they really inspire me, so thank you, for providing the opportunities! :)ReplyDelete