Hello and thanks so much for visiting! We are so happy that you could join us today for this blog hop for ideas and creative inspiration. We are a group of Stampin' Up!® Demonstrators from around the world that are taking part in training that is helping us to build a successful Stampin' Up!® business and reach some goals we have set. We really appreciate your support.
You may be starting here or have come from another blog - either way you can find the link list at the bottom of this post so that you can see every blog post and idea today.
The star of my card is the Fine Art Floral Designers Series Paper. I was inspired by a card on Page 13 of the new catalogue - What? The new catalogue? - Yes, the new catalogue - I have that little beauty in my hands - just one of the many perks of being a demonstrator! *Please contact me to learn more. And I was inspired by a fabulous free tutorial from Mary Fish at Stampin' Pretty.
This card is neat because by varying the number of layers, as well as altering the measurements of the layers, the card will always have a slightly different look. I made a similar card last week with different measurements, you can see that blog post here April 6 post.
And here's the card details:
5 1/2 x 4 1/4 Thick Very Vanilla card base (5 1/2 x 8 1/4 folded in half)
2 3/4 x 5 Mossy Meadow card stock layer
2 3/4 x 5 Old Olive card stock layer
2 5/8 x 4 7/8 Fine Art Floral dsp
3/4 x 2 1/5 strip of Very Vanilla card stock
1/4 x 3 Strip of either Old Olive or Mossy Meadow *Use whatever little strip you have available from these complimentary greens.
Assembly and 'Trix' :)
*** The 'Trix' with this card is to ensure that the card base, first layer of card stock (Mossy Meadow) and top dsp layer are all square to each other. The Old Olive middle layer is the only one on an angle. It's a visual trick to the eye.
*** The other 'Trix' is to use Multipurpose Liquid Glue. Add a fair bit of glue to the centre of the Old Olive layer, lay it on the Mossy Meadow layer and twist it slightly.
* The dsp layer is an 1/8 of an inch smaller than the card stock layers, so line it up square with the Mossy Meadow layer and adhere with Multipurpose Liquid Glue. Glue all layers to the Very Vanilla base.
* Using Multipurpose Liquid Glue adhere the Scalloped Lace Trim to the narrow strip of Mossy Meadow or Old Olive and set it aside to dry.
* Stamp the 'thanks' sentiment from the Springtime Joy stamp set to the 3/4 piece of Very Vanilla using Mossy Meadow ink. I tried stamping it on both the left and right side of the Very Vanilla label, just for interest.
* Adhere the Very Vanilla sentiment piece to the lace piece with Multipurpose Liquid Glue then add Stampin' Dimensionals to the top half of the Very Vanilla and adhere to the card.
* Tie a bow with the Gold Trim from the Forever Greenery Trim Combo pack and adhere with a Mini Glue Dot.
* Embellish with some bling, I used Gold Glitter Enamel dots & Metallic Pearls - which is your favourite?
Enjoy the rest of the blog hop!
Blog Hop Links