Hello and thx for visiting!
Todays card is super fun and easy to create! The Freshly Made Sketches Challenge from Jen B just made me think of butterflies fluttering along gracefully in a group. I hope I've captured that here. Please click on my card or the image for Freshly Made Sketches to go directly to their blog post. And give it a try, create a sweeping graceful focal point for a card!
Here's the card details:
5 1/2 x 4 1/4 Flirty Flamingo card base ( 5 1/2 x 8 1/4 folded in half)
4 x 5 1/4 Fine Art Floral Designers Series Paper (dsp)
1/2 x 2 1/8 strip of Basic White card stock for the sentiment
3/4 x 2 1/4 strip of Flirty Flamingo card stock
Assembly & 'Trix' :)
* Adhere the dsp to the Flirty Flamingo card stock. I love this dsp because of the subtle weaving pattern throughout, and I thought it was perfect for the sweeping graceful butterflies.
* Stamp the sentiment from the Springtime Joy stamp set in Old Olive ink and attach to the Flirty Flamingo strip with Multipurpose Liquid Glue.
* Punch eight butterflies from the flip side of the dsp. I loved the random colours that appeared on the butterflies using this particular pattern.
*** Lay the butterflies on the paper first to find a flowing pattern. Align with the sentiment strip.
* Adhere the sentiment strip and each butterfly using Multipurpose Liquid Glue on one side of each butterfly or the centre, whichever you prefer, to add a bit of dimension.
* Finally add some bling to further emphasis the flow and graceful pattern on the card. I used the the Artistry Blooms Sequins.
The Butterfly Duet Punch is retiring and available at a discount! Click here to shop now on my online store using Host Code 4SAMCCJA
Enjoy and have a super day!
I love the butterflies fluttering across the card! And such beautiful soft colors! Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.ReplyDelete
Thx so much for the lovely comment Kim. Thx for the opportunity and thank you for writing a comment :)Delete
What a pretty card! I just love the background paper and the sweet butterflies! Great take on the sketch! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!ReplyDelete
Thx so much for the comment Jen, I appreciate you taking time to write. This paper pack is gorgeous!Delete
What a lovely line-up of fluttering butterflies! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week.ReplyDelete
Thank you Cecile for taking time to write a comment! Spring = Butterflies :)Delete