Hello and thanks for visiting!
Today's card is inspired by a flower in my garden and the Paper Players Clean-And-Simple Challenge. Please click on either my card or the Paper Players image to go directly to their blog post #PP537 and prepare to be inspired!
I'm excited to use the new In Color's but I'm also sad to say goodbye to some favourites. SU's #simplestamping challenge for the month of April is a SIP card with a favourite retiring item, and for me that's the Subtle 3D Embossing folder retiring May 3. I'm really going to miss this one because it offers such a beautiful soft texture to the paper, enhancing the stamped images. I've added a close up picture of it.
The new In Color 2021-2023 for today is Evening Evergreen - a beautiful dark, deep, rich, forest green. The flower I chose from the new Color & Contour stamp set (available May 4) looked like the Hellebore flower I have blooming in my garden right now, it is an evergreen plant. The gorgeous flowers bloom in spring, but the leaves last all year and are very dark green, like Evening Evergreen, so that became my inspiration. Please see my flower photo from my garden and let me know if I've captured a likeness :)
And here's the card details:
4 1/4 x 5 1/2 Thick Very Vanilla card base ( 5 1/2x 8 1/2 folded in half)
4 x 5 1/4 Very Vanilla card stock layer
* Stamp the sentiment with Merry Merlot ink.
* Stamp the flower image with Evening Evergreen new In Color 2021-2023.
* Blend a tiny bit of Merry Merlot ink using a Blender Pen ** I did this because I was trying to replicate the flower in my garden which has vanilla petals and the slightest hint of dark red in the centre.
* Emboss this stamped layer with the Subtle 3D Embossing Folder - my retiring fav!
* Adhere the layer to the card base using Stampin' Dimensionals.
Love this texture! Click here to buy the Subtle 3D Embossing Folder Item #151775