Hello and thx for visiting!
Todays card is inspired by my Great Great Grandmother's 1930's linen kitchen apron! Yes seriously! I found this apron earlier this year and immediately I knew I needed to make a card. Fast forward to this week, when the TGIF Challenge Design Team inspired us with a Technique Challenge - Vintage! Yay! time to create! Please click on either my card or the TGIF Challenges image to go directly to the TGIF 312 Vintage Challenge.
And here's the card details:
4 1/4 x 5 1/2 Very Vanilla Thick card base
4 1/4 x 5 1/2 Very Vanilla card stock
* New Color & Contour Bundle (available May 4)
Assembly and 'Trix'
* Draw a pattern of vertical lines using Light Petal Pink Stampin' Blends Marker (I was copying the subtle pattern within the linen of the apron)
* Stamp the flower using Misty Moonlight ink, using first generation and second generation stamping all over the Very Vanilla layer.
* Colour the flowers with Stampin' Blends Markers. ***Trix - I always recommend using Memento Black ink when using blends, but this time I really wanted the Misty Moonlight colour, so I set my stamped images aside for a few extra minutes to dry before colouring. And I only used one colour at a time, let it fully dry and then added more colour in different areas. For example I coloured all the centers of the flowers first and then came back and coloured another area of the image, taking care not to blend the colours. You could use Stampin' Write Markers or Watercolor Pencils instead of course, I just happened to have the colours I needed in blends.
* Colours used, Light Misty Moonlight, Light Old Olive, Light Pumpkin Pie, Dark Balmy Blue.
* I also used a little small image stamp from a retired Paper Pumpkin kit as a filler stamp, coloured with the same colours as above.
* Cut the image layer with the largest scalloped die from the Scalloped Contours Dies and adhere to the card base using Stampin' Dimensionals.
* Stamp the greeting with Misty Moonlight, die cut with a smaller scalloped rectangle and adhere using dimensionals. ***Trix - before adhering the greeting, use Stampin' Seal on the back of the scalloped rectangle and lay the Scalloped Lace Trim over it, then adhere both to the card front.
***** Want to get the Color & Contour Bundle now? Click here Join Stampin' Up!® and add this bundle to your kit! *****
***** Remember the Last Chance Products Sale continues. Don't miss out on grabbing some great deals while supplies last. Please use Host Code 4SAMCCJA and I will send you a little gift with your thank you card in May.
Here is a few other pictures you may enjoy. I was so excited to find my mom's handwritten note in the pocket, and check out how closely the scalloped lace trim is to the original lace on the apron.
Gorgeous card! Love how you colored the flowers!!! Thanks for joining TGIF Challenges this week.ReplyDelete
Thx so much Tami! Love colouring, amazing the colours of the 30's are popular now. thx for creating the opportunities!ReplyDelete