Hello, and thx for visiting!
I have another sneak peek for you today :) A new In Color named Soft Succulent! I used it to create todays card for the Fab Friday Challenge #211. Please click on either my card or the Fab Friday image to go directly to their blog post.
Soft Succulent is just as the name suggests, a soft green, the kind of green you might find on a succulent cactus. Whenever I provide a sneak peek I like to show it with existing and sometimes retiring products so you can really see the coordination and longevity Stampin' Up! products provide! The card base is Pretty Peacock, a retiring 2019-2021 In Color, but look how well these two colours go together! The flower is coloured with Mint Macaron and Just Jade Stampin' Blends Markers, awesome coordination!
And here's the card details:
4 1/4 x 5 1/2 Pretty Peacock card base ( 4 1/4 x 11 folded in half to create a portrait orientation)
4 x 5 1/4 Soft Succulent card layer
4 x 2 3/4 Basic White care stock layer
* Emboss the soft Succulent layer with the Subtle 3D Embossing Folder *Retiring and adhere to the Pretty Peacock *Retiring card base with Multipurpose Liquid Glue.
* Stamp the sentiment from the Best Year stamp set in the middle of the Basic White card layer using Memento Black Ink.
* Stamp the arching blossoms from the Forever Blossoms stamp set to create a curve, wrapping around the sentiment with Memento Black Ink. I'm hoping the curve of this flower stem looks like the oval shape as per the challenge design. :)
* Colour the flower with Stampin' Blends Markers. I used Mint Macaron and Just Jade because I wanted to see how well all the greens coordinate together. I don't have the Soft Succulent Blends yet, but they're in my next order ;)
* Adhere the the stamped layer to the card front with Stampin' Dimensionals and embellish with Metallic Pearls. Its hard to see in the picture, but these fabulous pearls take on a slight green colour when surrounded by the greens of the card and blend beautifully while adding bling.
Enjoy and have a super day!
Retiring Items: Please click on the items below to go directly to my online store:
Great use of old and new! I'm always sad to see things retire but love seeing the new things as well. I really like how you used the curve of the branch to create the oval shape from the sketch! Thanks for sharing at Fab Friday!ReplyDelete
thx so much Amada for your thoughtful words, I'm glad my vison for the oval shape worked :)Delete
Love SU coordination to help us through that difficulty - Ha! :)
So very pretty, Lesley - love these colors together! Great use of this stamp set, I love the "window" you created! Thanks so much for playing at Fab Friday!ReplyDelete
thx so much for the fabulous inspiration!Delete
and thank you for your kind words and taking time to write :)