Hello and thx for visiting!
Today's card was inspired by The Paper Players 538 Sketch Challenge. Claire has provided us with a fun versatile sketch and I hope my card inspires you to use some favourite paper with a simple image. Please click on either my card or The Paper Players image to go directly to their blog and soak up the inspiration.
This card features something old, something new and something yellow :) The something old, is the retiring Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint, and Stitched Shapes Framelits Dies. The something new, is the gorgeous Beauty of the Earth Designers Series Paper available May 4th 2021. And the something 'yellow' is the Campology stamp set, Metallic Mesh Ribbon and Bumblebee Paper and ink. If you live in Canada, please click on the contact me button above if you'd like a new Annual Catalogue. And run don't walk to the retiring items sale link below, to purchase the Framelits and Shimmer Paint - while supplies last :)
And here's the card details:
4 1/4 x 5 1/2 Basic Black cardstock (4 1/4 x 11 folded in half)
3 3/4 x 5 Bumblebee cardstock layer
1 inch x 3 3/4 Bumblebee cardstock strip
Scrap piece of Basic White for the sentiment.
3 5/8 x 4 7/8 Beauty of the Earth new Designers Series Paper (DSP) available May 4 2021
Assembly & Trix:
* On a piece of Basic White cardstock, stamp the lantern from the Campology stamp set with Memento Black ink and colour the centre with a sponge dauber using Bumblebee ink.
* Die cut the lantern image using the retiring Stitched Shapes Framelits Dies.
* Sponge a bit more Bumblebee ink around the lantern to suggest its glowing.
* Stamp the sentiment with Memento Black ink and fussy cut out.
* Spritz the DSP with Champagne Shimmer Paint mixed with 70% Rubbing Alcohol, and set aside to dry. ***Trix make up a Stampin' Spritzer filled with one part shimmer paint and three parts %70 rubbing alcohol, shake and keep on hand for future projects.
* Adhere the Bumblebee cardstock layer to the Basic Black card base with Multipurpose Liquid Glue (glue)
* Adhere the Bumblebee card layer strip to the DSP with glue. Layer a piece of Metallic Mesh Ribbon on top of the Bumblebee layer ***Trix, leave the ribbon loose and flowing to catch the light by adhering it to the back of the DSP only with Stampin' Seal.
* Adhere the Basic White oval to the center of the card with Stampin' Dimensionals ***Trix, to create additional height and dimension, double up the dimensionals by stacking them one on top of the other. Only put the dimensionals at the top on bottom of the oval.
* Adhere the sentiment to the oval with glue.
If you like my card please leave me a comment below, I'm always happy to answer any qustions.
If you'd like to purchase:
* The Campology stamp set, click here Campology stamp set
* The Metallic Mesh Ribbon, click here, Metallic Mesh Ribbon
* The Bumblebee cardstock, click here, Bumblebee cardstock
* The Bumblebee ink, click here, Bumblebee ink
**Don't forget the Last Chance Products Sale available while supplies last, click here, Last Chance Products Sale
Enjoy and have a super day!