Hello and thanks for visiting!
Today's card is inspired by two challenges, the Christmas Chalkboard over @ Fusion Card Challenge and the Just Add Ink Choose Two Challenge! I love the photo Fusion has shared as inspiration and I wanted to try to recreate it with some of my favourite stamp sets. My two choices for #jai632 are deer and trees - however I've added sparkle but it's super hard to capture in the photo of my card. Please click the hyperlinks to visit the blog challenges and enjoy the inspiration!
I also created this card for a special couple who love nature and have a silver and white theme going this Christmas, trust me the silver glimmer shows up beautifully in person :)
*** The Trix ***
* I found the Stamparatus helpful for this card, but I also used my little 'A' block for the snowflakes and the fox, as well as the 'C' block for the snow by the polar bear.
* Use a blending brush to lightly add White Craft Ink, #147277 to the 4" x 5 1/4" inch piece of Basic Black cardstock to give a brushed chalkboard look to the cardstock.
* Use your favourite stamp sets, and line up the images on the Stamparatus. I used the Brightest Glow Stamp Set, #159542 & three of my faves from last year, now retired, Arctic Bears, Peaceful Cabin & Nature's Beauty. Stamp with White Craft Ink and allow to dry. (Craft Ink is 'pigment ink' it has a longer 'open' time)
* Add a tiny Basic White cardstock layer (a 1/16" of an inch) as a border for the stamped layer before adhering to the 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" Basic Black card base.
* Lightly brush on Wink Of Stella® Clear Glitter, #141897 to select areas of the stamped image. The look I was going for was moonlight shining down and highlighting the sparkle of snow on the trees, the snow covered ground, the top of the deer's back etc.
*** Click here to shop and please remember to use the monthly Host Code (found on the sidebar of this post) when your shopping cart is between $60 - $135 to receive a little thank you gift from me.
*** If your shopping cart is over $135 you have the option to click here to Join Stampin' Up!® and choose $165 worth of product but pay $135 with no tax or shipping cost. - Or - Claim your Stampin' Rewards when your order is $200 or greater.
Please email me, email@example.com if you have any questions. I'm always happy to talk about the company and products I love!
*** Here's another example of the Chalkboard Technique, this one using Watercolor Pencils to add pops of colour instead of the Wink Of Stella® Click here for that blog post.
Do you have a favourite stamp set that may be retiring at the end of December 2022?
Check out The Last chance Products
|Please click the image to shop the retiring products|
Enjoy & have a super day!
What a great example of this technique! Thanks so much for joining in our challenge at Just Add Ink.ReplyDelete
Thx so very much Kerry, I appreciate your visit and lovely comment, thank you!Delete
Both great cards. It would be lovely to see the sparkle in real life. A wonderful chalk board effect. Chantell Just Add InkReplyDelete
Thank you very much Chantell, yes the photography is always the hardest part - ha!Delete
Thanks for the great challenges! Thx for for your kind words.
Gorgeous! Love how you created a chalk style. You are so right, this style is so hard to photograph. Thanks for joining us for the last The Fusion Card Challenge. Claire DTReplyDelete
Thank you so very much Claire, I truly appreciate your support and kind words, thanks for popping by and thanks for the super challenges that always inspire my creativity!Delete