Hello and thanks for visiting!
Today's card is inspired by Karren's sketch at Freshly Made Sketches. Please visit their blog post by clicking on either my card or their image and soak in the inspiration!
Karren said she has a fear of angled panels on cards and I'm right there with her :) Thank you Karren for pushing me out of my comfort zone. TGIF Challenges offered a Tone on Tone Technique Challenge a bit ago, I couldn't play at the time, til now :) Thanks #tgif374 for the inspiration.
Can you find the simple *Trix on this card? I've added 3 simple 'extras' & I encourage you to play with your supplies to enhance this simple & versatile sketch!
|Click my card to visit the #fms544 challenge|
Assembly & Trix:
* I love the Pretty Prints DSP, #159254 so it is the entire card front at 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 on a Calypso Coral card base.
* Check out the 2 1/4 x 3 Calypso Coral layer - can you see the ***Trix? - Add a bit of White Craft Stampin' Ink, #147277 with a blending brush - does it repeat the soft feel of the DSP?
* Check out the die cut from Meadow Dies, #155852 - what's the ***Trix? - Watercolour it with a Calypso Coral wash on Shimmery White cardstock - dab - flick - drop water droplets - play to create a variation of colour on the die cut.
* The band is the White 3/4 " Frayed Ribbon, #158138 - what's the ***Trix? - Fray the ribbon at the end - a subtle change that flows with the airiness of the DSP.
* The stamped image is from the Quiet Meadow Stamp Set, #155082. The embellishments are retired Polished Dots but the Iridescent Rhinestone Basic Jewels, #158130 would work beautifully too.
*** Click here to shop the supplies for this card. Please remember to use the monthly Host Code when your shopping cart is between $60 - $135 to receive a thank you gift from me. July's Host Code 3YXJAPGX.
Please click the image to visit #FMS544
|Click the image to visit #fms544 challenge|
July is World Watercolor Month
Please click the image to watch the Stampin' Up!® Video for 7 Inspirational Ideas
|Click the image to watch Makayla demonstrate 7 Watercolor Techniques|
Enjoy & have a super day!