Hello and thanks for visiting!
Today's card is for Kylie's International Highlights Gallery. If you like my card I'd love for you to vote for it within the gallery. Simply click on the 'Vote For Me' image below to visit Kylie's Gallery, then click on the heart in the top right corner of my card. Thank you for your support! If my card is one of the top ten chosen then I'll participate in an International Blog Hop at the end of the month. Enjoy the inspiration from all the talented designers within the gallery!
The two new stamp sets used are from the January - June Mini Catalogue available tomorrow January 4th. Amazing Silhouettes Item #157814 and Happy & Heartfelt Item #158005.
The inspiration for this card came from the 'splotch' - yes that's the technical term I'm using :) to describe the outline of the stamp. I simply wanted more of that beautiful watercolour look. And I'm hoping it looks like the butterfly is leaving a field of flowers, at least that's what I was imagining in my head when creating it :)
And here's the card details:
4 1/4 x 5 1/2 Coastal Cabana card base (4 1/4 x 11 folded in half portrait orientation)
3 9/16 x 5 1/16 Bermuda Bay cardstock layer (CS)
3 1/2 x 5 Fluid 100 Watercolor Paper plus a 5/8 x 1 5/8 scrap for the sentiment
Inks: Coastal Cabana; So Saffron; Granny Apple Green; Bermuda Bay
Amazing Silhouettes Stamp Set Item #157814
Happy & Heartfelt Stamp Set Item #158005
White Frayed Ribbon Item #158138
Iridescent Rhinestone Basic Jewels Item #158130
***Click here to shop the products used to create this card.
Assembly & Trix:
So what's the Trix to watercolouring? Play, experiment and try. I learn each time I try, and every card made with this stamp looked slightly different. Here's a few basic Trix for this card,
* Wet the Fluid 100 WaterColor Paper first, this helps the colour to move through the fibres and creates depths of colour.
* Brush the stamp after inking with a watercolour brush, to soften the edges of the stamp.
* After stamping the image, pull the colour from the splotch into the surrounding paper, adding more colour as desired. Set aside to dry.
* Stamp the sentiment in Bermuda Bay on the scrap paper and adhere to a piece of ribbon with glue dots. Then add to the card with dimensionals.
* Adhere the watercoloured layer to the Bermuda Bay layer with Multipurpose Liquid Glue (glue) then adhere to the card base with glue.
* Embellish with jewels.
I hope my card has inspired you to play with watercolouring and enjoy the process of creating. I was hoping to attach a video to highlight a few watercolouring Trix, but then Covid caught me :) Please let me know in the comments if you'd find a video helpful.
***Please remember to use the January Host Code VWEZDEJ4 when your order is $60 or greater and then I can send you a little thank you gift in the mail the following month with your thank you card. On top of the free Sale a-bration item you choose!
Enjoy & have a super day!