Hello and thanks for visiting today!
One of my favourite things is to take my Paper Pumpkin kits with me on vacation for easy and quick crafting with minimal supplies. I made the September Paper Pumpkin kit called Haunts & Harvest in October :) that's what's great about our kits, make them whenever you choose.
Second, *use what you have on hand and mix it up, change up the contents in the kit, use it as a point of inspiration then create whatever you like with the supplies you have. The Stampin' Up!® kits are terrific all inclusive card making kits, I love all the extra neat little surprise supplies within the kit that you cannot buy in the catalogue.
*Use what you have*
I love birch bark, so I decided to add it to the card. I think the leaves in the kit are supposed to be birch, but they could be beech or ash? Originally I thought I'd make a yellow birch leaf but I didn't have any of our yellow inks with me. Then I found these beautiful purple leaves that looked like Blackberry Bliss, the ink spot colour in the kit. Perfect!
Assembly & Trix:
* Crumple up the tissue packaging from the kit, smooth it out and adhere to a 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 Basic White card base with Multipurpose Liquid Glue (glue)
* Stamp the leaves on the tissue paper using Crumb Cake ink.
* Flip the cut out leaves over and colour with ink colour of choice. I used Blackberry Bliss & Garden Green. ***Trix, to apply the colour I used a little piece of rubber no slip shelf liner, you know those rolls you buy to line a shelf with, they have texture, they're also great for opening a stubborn jar lid b/c they grip - sorry forgot to take a picture of it - I was using what I had available to me :) Simply dab the rubber cloth into the ink and then dab onto the leaves to transfer the colour and add texture.
* Adhere the leaves and birch bark to the card with glue. ***Trix, allow the glue time to dry securely when using different materials like birch bark.
* Stamp the sentiment on the tags with Blackberry Bliss ink and adhere to the birch bark using dimensionals.
***Trix, unravel the paper stems from the kit, take out the wire, and twist together again and add to the tag with a knot.
***Be creative, use what you have, change up the supplies and make it your own***
Enjoy & have a super day!
Click here, to shop Lesley's online store
Click here, to shop the Kit's Collection
Click here, to shop Paper Pumpkin kits
*****And remember to use the Host Code found on the right side bar of my blog when your shopping bag is $60 or more and then I can send you a little extra gift in the mail the following month with your thank you card :) Host Code for October is C9REGCBY