Hello and thanks for visiting today!
Today's card was inspired by Jacquie's Sketch Challenge at Freshly Made Sketches. And of course the Delicate Dahlia stamp that is oh so beautiful and *Free* during Sale a-bration (SAB) Click here, to see the free Delicate Dahlias stamp set available 'til September 30, 2021 with a $120 purchase.
Click on either my card or the FMS image to visit their blog directly and soak in the inspiration!
My interpretation of the sketch was to add twine to create the neat pattern on top of the stamped images. This stamp set is so fun to create with because you can create different colour combinations just as you'd find in a gorgeous bunch of Dahlia's. I love the combo of white and gold twine together. Can you find the little bee?
I hope my card inspires you to create a beautiful background with one of your favourite stamp sets. Remember keep it Summertime Easy and create a SIP card, but if the embellishments call out to you- put them on the card :)
And here's the card details.
4 1/ x 5 1/2 Thick Basic White card base ( 4 1/4 x 11 folded in half)
4 x 5 1/4 Basic White cardstock (CS) layer
3/8 piece of Basic White CS for sentiment
Delicate Dahlia's stamp set.
Inks: Highland Heather; Cajun Craze; Gorgeous Grape
Embellishments: White Baker's Twine; Gold Simply Elegant Trim; Bumblebee Trinket
Assembly & Trix:
* Stamp the Dahlia stamp using Highland Heather & Cajun Craze. ***Trix, I practice with colour combos on scrap paper first. Change the intensity of the colour with generational stamping and find the combo that you like best.
* Stamp the sentiment using Gorgeous Grape. ***Trix, The sentiment is small amidst a big overall background pattern, stamping it with a darker image helps it to stand out.
* Wrap twine around the card as shown. ***Trix, I adhere the twine to the back of the card using Stampin' Seal and some glue dots to hold the gold twine in place,
* Adhere the sentiment using Stampin Dimensionals.
* Adhere the stamped layer to the card base with dimensionals.
Enjoy and have a super day!
|Click on the image to view the free SAB products|
Sale a-bration is an excellent time to purchase the Starter Kit and Join the Stampin' Up!® community. The Starter Kit is always the best deal because you choose $165 worth of product and pay $135 with no additional tax and no shipping. *However during SAB Stampin' Up!® is offering your choice of product bundles - that's up to an additional $72.75, in free product! Woohoo!. Please see the image below and pick your additional products To learn more please contact me at email@example.com