Hello and thanks for visiting!
Well I'm not sure about today's card, when I sat down to create last evening, its what came to be, so I'm posting it. I really love Fresh Freesia, Polished Pink and Granny Apple Green together, they're the colours for the TGIF Challenge #323 this week. I didn't reach for DSP or a stamp set first, instead I reached for the ink pads this time. At the same time I was inspired by the neat sketch from Fab Friday #217. So a geometric card of sorts was created using Shimmery White cardstock and Water Painters. I hope my card inspires you to try something new and create in a different way, you never know what will appear :)
Please click on the images for both challenges to visit their blog posts directly and enjoy the inspiration!
And here's the card details:
4 1/4 x 5 1/2 Basic Black card base (4 1/4 x 11 folded in half)
4 1/8 x 5 3/8 Polished Pink cardstock (CS)
4 x 5 1/4 Shimmery White CS
Ink Pads: Fresh Freesia, Polished Pink & Granny Apple Green
Black Memento Ink pad
Free As A Bird stamp set
Assembly & Trix:
* Using the largest Water Painter wet the entire surface of the Shimmery White C.S
* Add a stipe of each colour, clean the brush between colours.
* Stamp the "thank you" sentiment using Memento Black Ink on Shimmery White CS and fussy cut out.
* Stamp the smallest flower in the Free As A Bird stamp set twice using Fresh Freesia and fussy cut out.
* Layer the flowers and sentiment using Multipurpose Liquid Glue and Stampin' Dimensionals. ***Trix, to make the sentiment really pop off the card double up on dimensionals and cut them to fit and work around the flowers.
Enjoy and have a super day!
Eee! Love this, Lesley! Perfect swooshes, lol, and great happy colors! Thanks so much for playing at Fab Friday!ReplyDelete
Thx so much for your enthusiasm - I truly was unsure about this card- definitely a step out of my comfort zone :)Delete
Thank you for your compliment and providing the challenges that push my creativity.
Such a cute design! Love the colors that you used. Thanks for joining us at Fab Friday!ReplyDelete
Thank you Amy for writing and commenting! I truly appreciate that. The colours rock, they just had to stand alone your design helped me achieve that. Thx for the challenge!Delete