Hello and thanks for visiting!
Today's card is inspired by Anne Marie's Theme Challenge at the Paper Players. I chose stripes, check out their blog by clicking on either my card or their image. Will you choose stars or stripes? :)
The flowers on this card are distressed, I bended the edges, but couldn't bring myself to distress the embossed background, ha, maybe I'll get there as I practice the distressed look on cards. I love the look, but I haven't figured out how to do it to enhance the card instead of creating a mess - ha. Oh well, I'll keep trying, and pushing out of my comfort zone. If you like my card, I'd love for you to leave a comment below, do you have difficulty distressing your cards? Could you give me a few pointers of how to do it successfully? Thx so much :)
And here's the card details:
4 1/4 x 5 1/2 Thick Basic White card base (4 1/4 x 11 folded in half portrait orientation)
4 x 5 1/4 Basic White cardstock (CS) layer
Scrap piece of Basic White for sentiment
1 3/4 x 4 Expressions In Ink Designer Series Paper (DSP)
Garden Birdhouses stamp set
Tasteful Textile 3D Embossing Folder
Polished Pink Ink Pad
Polished Pink Open Weave Ribbon
Paper Snips Scissors
*****Click here, Lesley's My Projects Page to shop the products used for this card. Remember to use the Host Code for the month (found on the right sidebar of this blog) when your order is $60 or greater and then I can send you a thank you gift in the mail the following month.
Assembly & Trix:
* Emboss the Basic White CS layer with the Tasteful Textile folder and adhere to the card base with Multipurpose Liquid Glue (glue)
* Cut flowers from the Expressions In Ink DSP with the Artistic Dies and scissors. ***Trix, initially I started to cut the individual flowers from the DSP using the dies, then I realized I didn't need to do that, each flower has it's own shape but it blends into the flower beside it, so I decided to free hand it with scissors for the rest of the flowers.
* Stamp the 'hello' sentiment using Polished Pink ink.
* Decide on the placement of flowers, sentiment and ribbon on and under the band of striped DSP.
* Distress the edges of the flowers by bending the paper and rolling it between your fingers.
* Adhere the first flower under the DSP using glue, then adhere the DSP with Stampin' Dimensionals.
* Adhere the sentiment with glue and then the ribbon. ***Trix. I learned the ribbon trick from Tammy Wilson, an Artisan Design Team member, cut the open weave ribbon apart to create two tiny strips of ribbon and tie them together in a bow. I love this dimension! Thank you Tammy!
* Adhere the bow with Mini Glue Dots, then add the last flower with glue.
* Embellish as desired with the Metallic Pearls.
*****Click here, Lesley's Online Store to shop The Designer Series Paper sale July 1 - August 2, 2021. Remember to use the Host Code SB26APEV for orders $60 or greater and then I can send you a thank you in the mail next month.
|Click on the image to go directly to the sale July 1 to Aug 2 2021|
Enjoy an have a super day!