Hello and thanks for visiting!
Today's card is fun one, CASE the Designer - Emma Goddard for the Global Design Project Challenge. I am often inspired by Emma's creativity, so this was a fun challenge to participate in. Give it a try, just click on my card or the Global Design Project image to visit the blog post and enter your creation!
I chose three stamps sets to work with today - 3 you say? - yes three! because I had the vison of our Purple Coneflower (Echinacea) garden in my head. I really like the single flower image from Quiet Meadow, and to me it looks like a coneflower. One section of our garden has really turned into a meadow - who knew Purple Coneflower can choke out weeds, ha, that's my kind of plant! Our Purple Coneflowers are often visited by butterfly's so I had to add in a butterfly or two :) enter the Positive Thoughts stamp set. And finally the Create Forever sentiment just speaks to me. It comes from the Create with Friends stamp set, and I hope to always be able to create and inspire others to create.
And here's the card details:
4 1/4 x 5 1/2 Thick Basic White cardstock (CS) (4 1/4 x 11 folded in half landscape orientation)
Five 3/4 of an inch strips of CS: Evening Evergreen; Fresh Freesia; Rich Razzleberry; Blackberry Bliss
4 1/2 x 4 Basic White CS layer to create colour strip
Basic White scrap for the sentiment
Quiet Meadow and Create With Friends stamp sets
Positive Thoughts stamp set & Nature's Thoughts dies (dies match stamp set)
Basic Gray ink pad & Memento Black ink pad
Smoky Slate Stampin' Blends Marker
Matte Black Dots
White Baker's Twine
**Click here, Lesley's Online Store to shop now. Please use Monthly Host Code (found at the top right side bar of my blog) when your order is $60 or greater and I will send you a thank you gift in the mail the following month.
Assembly & Trix:
* Stamp the flower and butterfly all over the card front using Basic Gray ink.
* Create a spatter of colour by flicking the Smoky Slate marker all over the card front ***Trix, to create a spatter look, use the brush tip end of the marker and flick it using the lid of the marker.
* Adhere the 3/4 inch strips of CS to the Basic White card layer using Multipurpose Liquid Glue (glue)
* Die cut the coloured CS layer with the rectangle die. ***Trix, to create a strip with subtle pieced edges, I repositioned and die cut again to create a smaller rectangle.
* Adhere to the card using Stampin' Dimensionals (dimensionals)
* Stamp the 'Create' and the 'Forever' using Memento Black ink, and fussy cut.
* Loop and adhere the White Baker's Twine to the card using Mini Glue Dots.
* Adhere the sentiments over the looped twine using dimensionals.
* Embellish with Matte Black Dots as desired.
This is a perfect card to CASE - Copy And Selectively Edit! Chose a stamp set that inspires you and add in your favourite colours. Enjoy and have a super day!