Hello and thanks for visiting!
Today's project was inspired by two design team challenges. The colour choice came from The Spot Challenge #161 - Color Challenge and the theme choice from Global Design Project Challenge #291 - Theme Birthday. Please click on The Spot's image to visit their blog post, and click on the GDP image to visit their blog post. The popsicle, as we call it here in Canada :) came from the April Paper Pumpkin Kit, and I knew when I saw the melting, drippy look of the popsicle paper in the kit, I had to try to re-create it with watercolouring.
|Click here to visit Spot Challenge #161|
|Click here to visit #GDP291|
And here's the card details:
4 1/5 x 5 1/2 Fresh Freesia card base ( 4 1/4 x 11 folded in half)
4 x 5 1/4 Fresh Freesia Cardstock (CS) layer
Scalloped Contours Dies
Happiest of Birthdays stamp set
Popsicles from Paper Pumpkin April 2021 kit
Painted Texture 3D Embossing Folder
Fresh Freesia, Magenta Madness, Granny Apple Green ink pads.
Stampin' Blends Markers in the above colours
Fluid 100 Watercolor Paper
Click here, Lesley's online store supply list shopping cart to purchase the supplies. If you live in Canada and use the May Host Code, 7DT6ZCV2 I can send you a little gift with your thank you card in June :)
Assembly & Trix:
* Emboss the Fresh Freesia layer with the Painted Texture 3D Embossing Folder, and adhere to the card base with Multipurpose Liquid Glue (glue)
* Stamp the greeting using Magenta Madness ink and cut out using the Scalloped Contour Dies.
* Create a striped layer scallop band, using Stampin' Blends Markers and cut out using a larger Scalloped Contour die.
* Adhere the Polished Pink and Fresh Freesia ribbons to the sentiment scallop rectangle with glue, or Stampin' Seal.
* Adhere the striped scalloped strip to the card base with glue and then add the sentiment piece to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals.
* Create the popsicles by watercolouing the image, fussy cut out and adhere with Stampin' Dimensionals. ***Trix, use Staz On ink to create a permanent ink outline on Fluid 100 Watercolor Paper. With Water Painters colour in with Fresh Freesia, Magenta Madness and Granny Apple Green. I used a combo of Cinnamon Cider and Early Expresso on the popsicle sticks.
* Embellish with In-Color Jewels.
***Trix for watercolouring the popsicles please check out my Facebook video here, Watercolouring with Fluid 100 Watercolor Paper
If you have any questions please click on the contact me link above and send me an email. If you like my card please leave me a comment below :)
The June Paper Pumpkin Kit looks absolutely gorgeous! To receive your kit in the mail sign up by June 10 here, June Expressions In Ink Paper Pumpkin Kit
|Click here to sign up by June 10 to receive this kit|
For refills for the April Popsicle Paper Pumpkin Kit click here, April Popsicle Paper Pumpkin Kit
Enjoy & have a super day!
Such a beautiful card! I love how you used the colors! Thanks for joining us at The Spot this week!ReplyDelete
Thanks so much Tina! thank you for taking time to write and provide us with inspiring challenges. :)Delete