Hello and thx for visiting!
Today's card is inspired by The Paper Players Challenge 540 - A Color challenge from Laurie. Please click on either my card or the PP540 image to go directly to their blog and enjoy the inspiration! When I saw this challenge my first thought was Winter Wedding colours, I have no idea why, so I ran with it :)
I love colour blocking on a card, because it's so simple to do and makes such a statement. The card is very easy to replicate with whatever colour combo you choose. I've added a bit of Metallic Mesh Ribbon to bling it up, I did actually squish the ribbon together in the center with glue dots, hoping it would look like a ribbon wrapped and tied but without the bulk, however the flower covered it, oh well.
And here's the card details:
4 1/4 x 5 1/2 Basic Black card base (4 1/4 x 11 folded in half)
3 5/8 x 4 5/8 Thick Basic White Cardstock (CS) layer
3 1/4 x 4 1/2 Basic White CS layer
1 /2 x 3 1/4 CS strips Basic Black, Basic Grey. Cherry Cobbler
Chick here Lesley's online store to purchase the supplies
Assembly & Trix:
* Adhere the coloured strip to the Basic White card layer using Multipurpose Liquid Glue (glue) ***Trix align the bottom black layer first and ensure it's straight using glue to adjust and move the piece into place, then you can add the other colour layers on top knowing they are straight.
* Adhere this colour blocked layer to the Thick Basic White card base.
* Adhere the Metallic Mesh ribbon loosely to the card layer. ***Trix, loosely lay the ribbon across the front center band of the card layer, adhere only to the back with Stampin' Seal. Gather the ribbon in the center and adhere with Mini Glue Dots, leaving the sides loose.
* Adhere to the Basic Black care base with Stampin' Dimensionals.
* Stamp the flower using Cherry Cobbler ink and cut out with the matching dies. ***Trix, adhere to the card layer doubling up the Stampin' Dimensionals so that the ribbon still has movement and lift, and the flower looks like its floating.
* Adhere the sentiment to the flower using glue. The congratulations is from the Peaceful Moments stamp set and is embossed with white and fussy cut out.
* Add a bit more bling with Rhinestone Basic Jewels.
Enjoy and have a super day!