Hello and thanks for visiting!
I have two cards for you today, inspired by the Sketch Challenge at Hand Stamped Sentiments. Please click on the #hss398 image below to visit their blog and enjoy the inspiration! *And Wow!, thanks so very much Hand Stamped Sentiments Design Team for choosing my card for Inspiration challenge #397, you made my day! Please click here to visit that blog post.
The first card is a SIP card, use only Stamps, Ink & Paper, (well I added a couple of gems too just 'cause - ha) and the second is a Stepped Up version using the He's The Man Specialty Designer Series Paper, #159068. I remember when I first started stamping I bought one pack of cardstock with my favourite colours, a pack of white cardstock and one ink pad. So in the spirit of First Time Stampers or those that are building their collection, I chose to create a SIP card and then also show how it can be Stepped Up, with an additional pack of DSP.
Assembly & Trix
* Use Tahitian Tide to create a 7 x 8 1/2 slimline card, (score at 3 1/2) with a 3 1/4 x 8 1/4 distressed layer, ***Trix, simply rough up the edges with a pair of scissors.
* Stamp the kayak and rings using the Adventurous Journey Stamp Set, #159103 with Tahitian Tide Ink on the Tahitian Tide layer as per the sketch.
* Stamp a second kayak with Bermuda Bay ink on Tahitian Tide cardstock, for a darker, yet slightly monochromatic look. ***Trix, use a Water Painter, #151298 to add a tiny bit of Bermuda Bay ink to the Kayak, (taking care to not squeeze out too much water and smear the stamped image), then fussy cut out.
* Adhere the second kayak with dimensionals over the first to create dimension.
* Stamp happy birthday with Tahitian Tide ink on Basic White cardstock and fussy cut out, adhere with dimensionals.
Stepped Up version,
* I switched up the slimline slightly by changing the measurements to a 7 x 7 square, score at 3 1/2. Adhere the 3 1/4 x 6 3/4 piece of He's the Man DSP, #159068 and distress the edges with scissors, then adhere to the card base with glue.
* This Specialty DSP pack has a page of 'elements' - I used the ripped edge piece as the anchoring layer for the kayak. Stamp the rings from the stamp set with Soft Succulent ink then adhere with glue.
* Stamp the kayak with Soft Succulent Ink on a scrap piece of Basic White cardstock. Colour with Soft Succulent Stampin' Blends Markers, fussy cut out, and adhere with dimensionals.
* Stamp the sentiment with Early Espresso ink, fussy cut out and adhere with dimensionals. Embellish with Rustic Metallic Dots, #159082
I've also added my card to the Stampin' Fancy Friday September Challenge - Boys to Men. Click here to visit the gallery on Instagram & visit Lesley's StampinTrix on Instagram here.
My son loved to kayak when he was younger, he's now an Outdoor Adventure Educator. I'm so grateful we were able to provide him with opportunities that shaped his future!
*** Click here to shop and please remember to use the monthly Host Code when your order is between $60 - $135 to receive a little thank you gift from me. September Host Code, GH74Q7MF
*** If your shopping cart is over $135 you have the option to click here to Join Stampin' Up!® and choose $165 worth of product but pay $135 with no tax or shipping cost. - Or - Claim your Stampin' Rewards when your order is $200 or greater.
I purchased the Starter Kit to save money and enjoyed a discount on my purchases for 5 years until I decided to start my online business. Please email me, firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions. I'm always happy to talk about the company and products I love!
Please click on the image to visit the Hand Stamped Sentiment Sketch Challenge
|Click the image to visit #hss398|
Remember, this is the last week of 'Weekly Deals'
Click the image to see the deals this week
|Click the image to shop the deals!|
Enjoy & have a super day!
Very fun take on our sketch, Lesley - I so love this set, and I'm always thrilled to see it out and about! Great combo with that DSP for it! Thanks so much for playing at Hand Stamped Sentiments!ReplyDelete
Aahhh thx so very much Heather for your lovely comment. I appreciate the visit! Love the fun you all provide at Hand Stamped Sentiments :)Delete
A nice take on our sketch this week - I love that stepped up version with the lovely DSP behind - thanks for sharing with us at HSSReplyDelete
Thank you Fiona! Thanks for visiting and offering the challenges :)Delete
I love how you came up with 2 versions of this card and sketch! The first is so simple and clean. The second the dsp really steps the card up! Thanks so much for joining the hand stamped sentiments this week!ReplyDelete
Thank you very much for your lovely compliment! & thank you for providing the terrific inspiration challenges :)Delete
What a great card, I love it!ReplyDelete
Thx so much LeAnne, I truly appreciate the visit and the inspiration you provide :)Delete
What a cool card! Awesome take on our sketch!! Thanks for playing along with us at Hand Stamped Sentiments!ReplyDelete
Thank You Jenny! for your lovely compliment. thanks for the visit and the great challenges :)Delete
Nice! Love both your cards. So glad we inspired you to create two cards. Thanks for joining us at Hand Stamped Sentiments.ReplyDelete