Hello and thanks for visiting!
Today's card is for Kylie's International Blog Highlights. If you like my card I'd love for you to vote for me in the gallery. Simply click the heart in the top right corner of my card, #10. If my card is chosen then I have the opportunity to join Kylie's International Blog Hop at the end of the month. Thanks so much for participating and enjoy the inspiration from demonstrators around the world.
My card was inspired by a card Mary Fish created. I loved Mary's use of cardstock to create a focal point. Please visit her blog at Stampin' Pretty
|Click the image to visit the gallery|
And here's the card details:
5 1/2 x 8 1/2 card base ( folded in half portrait orientation
2 1/2 x 4 1/4 Misty Moonlight Cardstock (CS)
3 x 4 Balmy Blue CS
2 pieces of 3 1/4 x 2 3/4 Basic White CS one for the focal image and one for the masking technique.
2 x 2 scrap piece of Basic White CS for the smaller bear die cut
2 1/2 x 1/2 inch piece of Basic white for the sentiment layer
Arctic Bears Bundle
Ink: Basic Gray & Balmy Blue
Clear Stampin' Emboss powder
Assembly & Trix:
* Stamp the large bear on one of the 3 1/4 x 2 3/4 pieces of Basic White using Basic Gray ink, cover with clear embossing powder and heat set. ***Trix, when using ink to heat set, instead of VersaMark™, ensure your ink pad is well inked and there is a solid inked image on the cardstock, then heat set holding the heat tool on the underside of the stamped image.
* Stamp and heat emboss the small bear on the 2 x 2 piece of Basic White and die cut out.
* Stamp and heat emboss the sentiment on the 1/2 piece of Basic White and and trim the ends.
* Create a mask for the large bear by stamping the bear on the remaining 3 x 3 1/4 piece of Basic White using Basic Gray ink and die cut out.
* Hold the mask in place over the large bear and blend Balmy Blue ink around the bear to create the look of blue sky. ***Trix, remember less is more when using blending brushes, swirl the ink onto the brush and blend off the paper first then move onto the image layer, gradually building colour.
* Adhere the Misty Moonlight and Balmy Blue CS layers to the card base using Multipurpose Liquid Glue (glue)
* Adhere the focal image layer to the card base with glue and adhere the sentiment and small bear with dimensionals.
Enjoy & have a super day!
|Click the image to shop Lesley's online store|
***Please remember to use the December Host Code Q4SBQ2XN when your shopping cart is $60 or greater and then I can send you a little thank you gift in the mail with your thank you card the following month :)
What a cute card!! ~ Kim KroekerReplyDelete
Thx so much Kim, thanks for visiting!Delete
Such a sweet card. Love the colors!ReplyDelete
Thank you Robbie. Happy to have you visit!Delete
Beautiful card Lesley! Good luck with the votingReplyDelete
Best regards from Germany
AAAhhh thx for your kind words Liane! Thx for visiting from Germany ;)Delete
Such a cute card!!ReplyDelete
Hi Kathi, thx for your kind words and visiting my blog :)Delete
Awww! Love the Polar Bears :)ReplyDelete
Me too, thanks so much Kim, I appreciate you visiting!Delete
Thx Theresa, glad you visited my blog :)Delete
Great colour choices and adorable Polar Bears. Thanks Lesley for being part of my International Blog Highlights this month and all the best with voting!ReplyDelete