Hello and thanks for visiting!
Today's card is inspired by Jaydee's Sketch Challenge #542 at The Paper Players. Please click on my card or their blog image to visit their site and soak in the inspiration :)
I've been eagerly waiting for my order with the Party Puffins to arrive. Oh my goodness they are cute - and the flying cake, totally fun!
And here's the card details:
4 1/4 x 5 1/2 Polished Pink card base. (5 1/2 x 8 1/2 folded in half)
4 1/8 x 5 3/8 Basic White Cardstock (CS) layer
Party Puffins stamp set
Memento Black ink
Soft Succulent ink
Polished Pink ink
Stampin' Blends Markers: Polished Pink, Just Jade, Fresh Freesia, Calypso Coral, Petal Pink
*****If you live in Canada, please click here, Lesley's Online Store to shop. And if you use the monthly Host Code on the top right sidebar of my blog, then I can send you a little thank you gift in the mail the following month with your thank you card :)
Assembly & Trix:
* Stamp the puffin using Memento Black ink. ***Trix, I used the Stamparatus™ to ensure the black on the puffin was super crisp. I like to practice the layout before I stamp on the card, and it allows me to re-ink the stamp to get the deep rich colouring when using dark colours.
* Stamp the happy birthday sentiment three times using Polished Pink ink. ***Trix, I just eyeballed this repeat stamping, SU's red rubber stamps are fantastic because the rubber is evenly cut next to the image, so you can line up the base of the stamp with the base of your card and it will be even.
* Stamp the fish with Soft Succulent ink, then add in colour with the Stampin' Blends Markers, I used Just Jade and Fresh Freesia. ***Trix, Memento Black ink is recommended when colouring with blends, but if you're not actually blending colour with these alcohol markers, but rather carefully adding in a bit of colour to your image you can carefully dot on the colour in the area you need.
* Add some additional Polished Pink with a Blending Brush to suggest the cake is flying through the air, just for fun if you wish :)
* Add the In-Color Jewels, these jewels are fabulous, they already have the adhesive on the back!
* Colour the cake and Puffin with Stampin' Blends Markers in the colours suggested above.
Enjoy & have a super day!
Your penguin is too cute and having so much fun. Great take on the sketch, too! So glad you joined us at the Paper Players this weekReplyDelete
thx so much Jaydee for your kind words! I love your sketches thx for the inspiration!Delete