Hello and thanks for visiting :)
Today's card was inspired by Jen T's Sketch Challenge from Freshly Made Sketches. Please click on either my card or the FMS #487 image to go directly to their blog and enjoy all the inspiration! Slimline cards are really fun, there's lots of white space to contrast the focal image or there's lots of space to cover with images. Either way, give a slimline card a try and see what you can create.
And here's the card details:
8 x 3 1/2 Thick Basic White Cardstock (CS) (8 x 7 folded in half)
1 3/4 x 3 3/4 Smoky Slate CS layer
1 x 2 Basic White CS for sentiment
Scrap piece of Basic White CS for flowers
Color & Contour Bundle
Tasteful Texture 3D Embossing Folder
Pool Party & Smoky Slate Ink
Well Suited Designer Series Paper (DSP) strips, 1/2 x 4 1/4 and 1/2 by 4 1/2
Pool Party Ribbon
Assembly & Trix:
* Scallop the edge of the card base using the Scalloped Contour Dies. ***Trix, align the scallop border first before cutting to ensure the scallops are evenly distributed along the edge of the card for visual balance.
* Stamp the sentiment using Smoky Slate ink on Basic White.
* Stamp the flowers using Pool Party ink. ***Trix, I coloured the inside of the flowers with a sponge dauber for a little bit of dimension.
* Emboss the Smoky Slate CS piece with the Texted Embossing Folder.
* Adhere the Basic White sentiment piece to the Smoky Slate with Multipurpose Liquid Glue (glue). Adhere the DSP and ribbon to the base of the Smoky Slate layer with glue and set aside to dry. ***Trix, before attaching the sentiment measure the flower placement around the sentiment.
* Adhere the Smoky Slate to the card base with Stampin' Dimensionals.
* Adhere the flowers to the Smoky Slate layer with glue. ***Trix, if more than half of the flower hangs off the Smoky Slate layer it should be adhered to the card base with a h dimensional so that it doesn't droop.
Enjoy and have a super day!