Hello and thanks for visiting!
Today's card is all about the Designers Series Paper (dsp) and what better way to showcase this awesome paper than a Slimline Card - that's the sketch challenge at TGIF this week. Truthfully, I have been afraid to cut into this gorgeous piece of paper. Actually I think I want to frame one piece. So when I saw this challenge I knew I had to finally take a deep breath and "cut the paper" -Ha! Please click on either my card or the TGIF image to go directly to their blog post and prepare to be inspired. There is so much talent here. Why not play along, grab your favourite dsp and create!
Here's the card details:
* Basic White Thick Card Stock 3/12 x 8 1/2
* Poppy Parade Card Stock 8 7/16 x 3 7/16 (one line before the 8 1/2 & 3 1/2 mark)
* Fine Art Floral dsp 8 3/8 x 3 3/8
* Adhere Fine Art Floral to Poppy Parade with Multipurpose Liquid Glue.
* Wrap Gold Twine from the Forever Greenery Combo Pack around the base of the card. *** 'Trix' I use Stampjn' Seal on the back of the Poppy Parade to hold the twine in place as I wrap. Secure with a glue dot and tie a bow. I decided to bunch up an extra strand of twine to add some dimension.
* Adhere this layer to the Basic White Thick card base with Stampin' Dimensionals.
* Stamp a greeting onto a piece of Basic White paper with Memento Black Ink and fussy cut out. Adhere to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals. I wanted to small, narrow horizontal piece to mimic the slimline of the card, so I chose to put the larger sentiment inside the card, "Life Is better with a friend like you", both from the Peaceful Moments stamp set.
* Stamp a dragonfly with Memento Black Ink and punch out with the Dragonflies Punch. Colour with Pool Party Stampin' Blends Markers.
* Add a bit of bling with Gold Glitter Enamel Dots.
** The Fine Art Floral is available in the January - June 2021 Mini Catalogue while supplies last.
Enjoy and have a super day!