Hello and thx for visiting!
I'm excited to share with you today a new stamp I was given for the Stampin' Up!® Canadian On Tour 2021 Victual Event! These events are fabulous! Full of creative and business inspiration. Sound like something that interests you? If you'd like the opportunity to be part of an inspiring community of caring people, get free stamps, and simply be part of the fun creative experience shared by so many, consider joining us. Click here to join us
The stamp set for today's card is new, that's why we as demonstrators were given the opportunity to create with this fabulous stamp set early. It's called Etched In Nature, and it's gorgeous!
Here's the inspiration for my design, my journal :)
And here's the card details:
4 1/4 x 5 1/2 Crumb Cake card base (5 1/2 x 8/12 folded in half)
3 3/8 x 4 1/8 Balmy Blue Cardstock layer
3 1/4 x 4 Very Vanilla Cardstock layer
Scrap of Very Vanilla piece for Wren and sentiment
Assembly and 'Trix' :
* Stamp the image with the paragraph of words 4 times starting at the top right corner of the Very Vanilla layer and winding back to bottom right corner. Using 1st & 2nd generation stamping.
* Stamp the floral image using Mossy Meadow ink for the leaves and Blackberry Bliss for the flowers. ***Trix, ink the stamp as best you can, leaves first and wipe off any excess green from the flowers, then ink the flowers - it's ok if it's not perfect :) This is meant to be a background stamp and look distressed and worn.
* Stamp the Wren using Memento Black ink on the card base to provide shadow and dimension. (This Wren will be covered by the coloured one).
***Trix, further distress the background using Crumb Cake and Blending Brushes, softly blend in the Crumb Cake to give an aged look to the paper. Adhere to the Balmy Blue layer and distress the corners a bit. I separated the layers at the corner of the Balmy Blue and used my bone folder to curl the edges.
* Using Blender Pens, blend the Mossy Meadow and Blackberry Bliss ink to enhance the leaves and flowers. Pick up extra colour from the stamp pads as necessary. Then adhere both layers to the Crumb Cake card base using Multipurpose Liquid Glue.
* Stamp the Wren on scrap paper using Memento Black ink, and colour using Ivory and Bronze Stampin' Blends Markers, colour the branch as well. I did add Petal Pink for the Wren's legs. Then fussy cut out. Adhere to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals on top to the Wren on the base to add some dimension.
* Stamp the sentiment with Misty Moonlight ink and fussy cut out.
***Trix, unravel the ends of the Braided Linen Trim. Add this and the Scalloped Lace Trim to the back of the sentiment using Multipurpose Liquid Glue and set aside to dry. Adhere to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals.
I hope this card inspires you to try a bit of distressing on your cards. If you like my card I'd be happy if you left a comment and I'm always happy to answer any questions. Enjoy and have a super day!
Don't forget the Last Chance Products Sale available 'til May 3 or while supplies last. Please use Host Code 4SAMCCJA when ordering before May 3, then I can send you a little gift with your thank you card in May.