Hello, I have a super fun post for you today! - It's the Paper Players Challenge #533 A Clean-and-Simple Challenge from Ann. This is the first time I've joined the Paper Players Challenges, I'm inspired by the collection of talent! Best of all its an animal challenge, oh so many choices, but I narrowed it down to my current fav Hey Chick and company - ha! Please click on my card to go directly to the Paper Players 533 blog post. As well you can click on their image to visit their site directly. Enjoy!
I just love the attitude from the adult hen, totally checking our her brood. When I saw a similar expression of attitude on the little chick from Springtime Joy I knew I had to make a card with the two of them.
Here's the card details:
4 1/4 x 5 1/2 Thick Basic White card base (4 1/4 x 11 folded in half)
* The flowers from Springtime Joy are stamped with Memento Black Ink and then coloured with Purple Posy Stampin' Blends Markers.
* Next I cut one section of fence directly out of the card base where the flowers were stamped, using the Birthday Chick Dies. This section will be adhered with dimensionals as the final step of the card.
* Two other pieces of Basic White fencing are die cut.
*** Here's the 'Trix' with this one. I glued one white fence piece into the opening from the first fence piece (the one with flowers), onto a piece of Basic White card stock glued to the back of the card front. I did this so that the egg and baby chick could be glued onto a white piece of card, and so that there isn't a hole in the card where the fence was, which would be visible when the card is open.
* The Hey Chick & Hey Birthday Chick stamp images are coloured, die cut and adhered with Multipurpose Liquid Glue. I used Stampin' Blends Markers in Ivory, Rococo Rose, Dark Petal Pink and Daffodil Delight.
* The little chick from Springtime Joy is coloured with Daffodil Delight and Petal Pink Stampin' Blends Markers and the sentiment is stamped with Rococo Rose then fussy cut out.
* The last step is to adhere the fence, raised on dimensionals adding interest and dimension.
Here is the image for the Paper Players PP533 Challenge
Thx so much for visiting and have a super day!
Oh my gosh! This is sooo cute! I love the hen looking back at her adorable brood. Thank you for sharing with The Paper Players this week!ReplyDelete
Thx so much for writing Ann - and thank you for the inspiration to create. I’m glad you enjoyed the card!Delete
Leslie, this is just the cutest card. I love how you used the images. Your design is CAS perfection. Thank you for joining us at the Paper Players this week.ReplyDelete
Thank you for the lovely comment - first time playing CAS - so I appreciate the support! I love all these images too, makes it easy to create a card with a bit of attitude ;)ReplyDelete
thank you for the inspiration!